Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
This position is responsible for the support, implementation, and maintenance of Costco’s production and nonproduction Citrix infrastructure, applications, systems, and tools. This will involve developing detailed documentation for business areas and management as well as strategic planning and implementation. Daily tasks include but are not limited to troubleshooting and resolving issues, monitoring and tracking, auditing, consulting with other departments to resolve systems issues and analyzing, recommending and implementing system changes.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Enterprise application/infrastructure – Installs, configures, upgrades, and supports network systems, as well as creating and maintaining automation scripts.
- Provides second and third level support for troubleshooting of user access, system availability, and performance issues with core infrastructure systems including Virtual Apps and Virtual Desktops, Cloud Services, Citrix, or other Enterprise applications.
- Identifies, reviews and revises server administration processes/procedures to ensure optimal levels of support.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends changes for future system growth by utilizing industry standard monitoring/research tools.
- Recommends security management practices, including the ongoing promotion of awareness on current threats, auditing of server logs and other security management processes, as well as following established security standards.
- Participates in business transformation and change management.
- Participates in vendor relationships ensuring cost control and timely deliverables.
- Fosters confidence as a trusted advisor in building strategy and vision.
- Documents and manages risks, issues, assumptions, and constraints impacting delivery efforts.
- Interacts with technical team(s) to translate functional specifications into technology solutions.
- Interacts with appropriate teams to help prioritize specific projects with global level initiatives.
- Manages servers with multiple OS’s. includes: provisioning, monitoring, governance and upgrades.
- Understands and adheres to Costco’s Mission Statement and Code of Ethics as well as Costco’s project methodology and framework.
- Provides 24x7x365 on-call support as necessary, and work weekends and/or holidays as necessary.
- Provides status reports and project schedules.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in technology solutions (i.e. network, administration, security essentials, desktop & server administration, application configuration & administration, application development).
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience administering XenApp 6.5 and XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with Windows Servers in an enterprise environment.
- Proven experience utilizing enterprise level virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Solid understanding and proven experience with tools such as Process Monitor, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and other server monitoring tools to troubleshoot server software as well as network issues.
- Proven experience in developing proposals for management with strong Agile project management & planning skills.
- Ability to manage program level activities by developing and executing against a strategic program charter.
- Must possess process improvement skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions.
- Must possess proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor lower-level analysts.
- Accepts responsibility for being the key technical Analyst and perform comprehensive analysis (both fiscal and technical), and design of new features and technologies as well as providing feasibility analysis by documenting options and impacts
- Must have solid negotiation, delegation and team building skills.
- Must be extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must possess and work with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated strong organizational qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to applicable parties.
- Must be a team player – friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating and ultimately putting team goals first.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
- Proven experience leading meetings and presenting complex information to clients of multiple skill levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proven leadership and mentoring skills.
- Must be able to respond to crisis situations in a methodical way and to prioritize work effectively.
- Citrix Certifications:
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA – V)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA – N)
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as Azure.
- Administering Active Directory group policies in a large enterprise environment.
- A minimum of one year experience scripting in PowerShell or VBS.