Job ID 3027495
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
WW HPS Current Business CISS (Big Ink) Product Manager
As a Print Business Current Product Manager you will be responsible for worldwide current business aspects of the CISS or “Big Ink” hardware portfolio. This exciting category is a profit-up-front business model and is a high growth portion of the print market. In managing your product portfolio, you will engage in a mix of analysis, influencing, and general marketing to drive business key performance indicators (KPI’s). The key responsibilities can be summarized into the following:
- Monitor the vital signs of the business (revenue, margin, share, ops plans) by region. Know the business deeply, understand regional differences, identify customer, market and competitive trends.
- Identify business successes and current/potential issues. Bring these to the attention of management, propose and drive solutions. Work with partners to develop plans to close gaps as necessary.
- Manage products through rollover, EOL, and other critical processes.
- Leadership and execution of product derivative creation with partner organizations.
- Help prepare Quarterly Business Review material for the Print staff that summarizes key metrics and conclusions for your products. Drive resolution to metrics issues with partners (regions, finance, operations and planning).
- Actively participate in various weekly, monthly & quarterly business reviews (regions & functions). Track action items and drive resolution.
- Work closely with Operations and Planning to enable appropriate supply to balance market share objectives with inventory targets and market conditions.
- Develop and implement allocation strategies in constrained supply situations.
- Provide analytical support with future product marketing to ensure new product development is grounded in realities of the current business.
- Identify issues and risks with MAP sizing. Drive alignment in assumptions around market size and HP share. Ensure sizing is grounded in realities of current business and reflects future portfolio and business strategies.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Planning team in development of the quarterly long-term forecast for your category. Participate in management reviews. Identify misalignments with the regions and drive consistency across short-term (region) and long-term (GBU) forecasts.
- Identify where the aligned long-term forecast fails to achieve business goals. Bring gaps to the attention of the staff for discussion of potential resolutions.
- Support the Story Behind The Numbers (SBTN) process that accompanies the delivery of financials to Print Staff, ensure the business is appropriately represented.
- Support the annual Interlock process. Help set unit and share goals by region. Keep Current Business leadership aware of gaps with regions. Drive resolution of gaps.
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of marketing experience.
- Region or WW product management experience is preferred.
- Prior CISS business/marketing experience strongly desired
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong foundation of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of offering, segments, and partners
- In-depth understanding of the industry, offering categories and HP offerings/ strategy
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written/oral communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams
- Exceptional negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).