Cisco Voice Architect
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
This well respected & award winning Cincinnati organization is seeking a talented telephony/voice professional to lead new network architecture and build for the organization going forward. The Senior Telephony Engineer is the third tier of support personnel responsible for the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of the Cisco Telephony environment, including the networking components, telephony software, and communication platforms. This individual will also respond to and resolve any telephony related issues in a timely manner. Senior Engineer is also responsible for mentoring personnel and ensuring all maintenance and support is being performed adequately by all engineers and analysts. this individual will report all status and health of the telephony platform to the Manger, Network Technology Services on a regular basis.
What you will do:
- Perform installation, configuration, and operation of any new or existing telephony infrastructure device(s) and supporting software across the enterprise. This includes Cisco CallManager, Unity Connection, UCCX Contact Center, Calabrio Call Recording, Emergency Responder, Informacast, and other integrated telephony applications.
- Ensure proper configuration and customization to support the Enterprise environment for all locations.
- Work with end users on the setup and configuration of auto-attendants, call center scripts, and call handling routines.
- Provide design, deployment, and support for solutions that can be new, integrated with legacy systems, or upgrades of current systems with minor supervision.
- Troubleshoot telephony related problem areas and issues as needed to resolve operational issues and restore/optimize services.
- Proactively manage standards, topology documentation, configuration files, performance baselines, and capacity planning roadmaps for the telephony infrastructure.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in a multi-site, Cisco telephony environment, consisting of at least 3000+ handsets.
- Should present well-defined leadership qualities; the ability to be tactful, exercise magnanimity amongst the team and practice openness to other’s ideas and culture.
- Ability to architect repeatable, reliable, and scalable telephony architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco CallManager, Unity Connection, UCCX, in an environment with Cisco infrastructure.
- Expert level troubleshooting and the ability to engage in troubleshooting efforts with the routing/switching team, data security, and wireless.
- High level knowledge of Cisco telephony infrastructure including Voice Gateways, Video MCUs, IP end points, and applications that include AQM, WebEx, and Jabber.
- Must have a working knowledge of network features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server).
- Experience with SIP and PRI/POTS local trunking; SRST
- CCNA – Voice is required (CCNP or CCIE – Voice preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Competitive Benefit Program/Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Attractive investment/retirement plan program.
- Other insurance, benefits, employee programs, etc.
- Convenient onsite amenities, cafeteria, and other perks.
- Generous PTO policy, paid holidays, work schedule.
- Work/Life Balanced environment.