We are looking for Cisco Unified Communication Voice Engineer for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Cisco Unified Communication Voice Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- 8-10+ years of experience in Voice & Networking, especially in the enterprise Voice network environment
- 2-3+ years of experience in consulting, design, implementation, migration and transformation projects
- Excellent hands-on experience on Voice technologies and products. Must be hands- on currently.
- Experience working in large, multiple location and migration projects
- CCNP ? Voice (Must)
- CCIE Certified(optional)
- ITIL certification( optional )
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Communications Manager
- Unity/Unity Connection
- Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco Unified Mobility
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Nice systems
- Microsoft Unified Communications
- Microsoft Lync
- SIP and SIP trunking
- Session Border Controllers
- Session Manager Edition
- Cisco CUBE
Additional Desired Technology Experience:
- Contact Center
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise
- Video Communications
- Cisco Telepresence
- H.320 and H.323
- Cloud Services
- Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS)
- Cisco Collaboration products
Designing / Architecture:
- Should be able to understand the Cisco Unified Communication Manager design and deployment model
- Should be able to understand the business requirement and frame in to Cisco solution suites.
- Should be able to present solution on Voice to Clients and internal customers
- Proven VoIP enabled network design experience including L2/L3 switching, QOS, MPLS.
- Design experience with VoIP security, carrier based SIP trunking and Session Border Controllers a plus
- Knowledge of prevailing and next generation voice and unified communication technologies
- Experienceworking with a variety of constituents within and outside of IT to drive cohesiveness while ensuring that the architectural direction is achieved.
- Participate in development of architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization, of a converged voice, video and data network, IP PBX, voicemail, audio conferencing, unified communications and IP contact center infrastructures.
- Align architectural strategy with business objectives
- Person should be a good planner, for technical activities, like migration, New Deployment, Transition and transformation.
- Planning include, Finical, Technical planning, YOY product capabilities judge and enhancement
- Should understand the TDM technologies and plan any migration of Cisco IPT.
- Establish the technical principles that will guide the evolution of the segment
- Enroll operational & engineering team members in the strategy, by interfacing at a technical level
- R&D advanced technologies to enhance & evolve core IP PBX and unified communication infrastructure used across network, systems and application services
- Stay current with developing technologies and predict impact of changing technologies
- Continually find ways to improve cost performance
- Good Communication Skills.
- Maintain, Update, Create Voice networkinventory.
- Provide a single point of contact for the reporting and tracking of Voice network Problems
- Record, track, manage and close (i.e. document resolution) all Telephony Problems received from the Service Desk or via Tickets.
- Maintain current status on all open Telephony Problems.
- Interact consistently with the Service Desk staff in a professional, efficient and service oriented manner.
- Have clear understanding of Cisco Voice network deployment models
- Have worked on Cisco Unified communication products like Cisco Call Manager, Voice Gateways & Gatekeepers.
- Platform knowledge of CUCM versions 6.X , 7.X , 8.X 9.X 10.X and the advance features.
- Unity / Unity connection VM knowledge.
- Additional knowledge in Cisco Meeting Place / UCCE / UCCX will be added advantage
- Have clear understanding on VOIP protocols like SIP,SCCP , H.323 and MGCP
- Have clear understanding on Telecom infrastructure protocols like ISDN , T1/E1/PRIs, CAS
- Maintain and update voice network diagrams and vendor information for voice network devices
- Have very good troubleshooting/deployment and analytical skills.
- Work with Third Party Providers to assist in Problem resolution of telecommunication Problems.
- Resolve Telephony Problems within established time frames.
- Perform root cause analysis in accordance with the Procedures Manual.
- Participate in root cause analysis if needed.
- Produce RCA report.
- Prepare, produce, review and provide a trend analysis report.
- Review trend analysis report.
- Propose recommendations to improve the support process.
- Plan and test voice network software upgrades.
- Plan and test disaster recovery and backup plans.
- Can go for upgrade of devices on requirement & provide plan to customer.
- Can do Value add on customer network.
- Look for escalations and resolve it in given time frame.
- Hands-on Cisco Hard and Soft Clients , Jabber etc
- Ability to perform problem analysis and develop resolutions at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to think on a multi-site enterprise level; Cloud solution for VoIP
- For operational segments take ownership of outcome by driving the organization to world class results, including passing all industry tests and internal and external audits
- Investigate and generate recommendations on key third-party components, such as IP PBX, IP Contact Center and conferencing infrastructure technologies, necessary to implement solutions.
- ITIL Process follow and implementation for VoIP technologies
- Knowledge in Cisco Collaboration technologies and its products suites.