Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner's Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner's domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The Cisco Engineer sets-up, arranges, or removes switching and dialing equipment used in central offices. This position services, repairs telephones and other communication equipment on Company property. May install equipment in new locations or install wiring and telephone jacks in buildings under construction.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Plans, designs, engineers and constructs telecommunications systems (e.g. voice, data, VoIP, etc.).
- Analyzes telecommunications problems and needs (e.g. interference, intelligibility, clarity, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communications.
- Determines appropriate configurations of telecommunications hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of telecommunications equipment.
- Researches, gathers and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify, and maintain assigned networks and telecommunications systems.
- Evaluates new products and services from vendors to determine applicability to hardware, software, networks, and telecommunications systems in use by company.
- Drafts engineering project proposals to define goals, identify the scope, background and needs, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services.
- Designs and implements telecommunications systems to interconnect equipment from different manufacturers, service providers and/or client agencies.
- Maintains and analyzes telecommunications equipment inventory to determine quantities needed by age, make, user and other qualifiers, and determine base information for equipment replacement issues.
- Creates manuals for use by system users to provide information needed to operate assigned telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Directs communications projects of major scope and cost extending over several fiscal years and involving engineering personnel and vendors.
- Drafts, submits for approval, and implements technical practices, section policies and standards to establish proper methods and practices of completing responsibilities in the telecommunication sections.
- Monitors assigned networks and telecommunications systems to assess need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and/or new systems.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Four years of experience in the field or related area.
- Microsoft Office, Windows, Nortel Meridian
- Must have an understanding of structured wiring as well as knowledge of Nortel Meridian operating system and understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Must have an understanding of the following Avaya platforms - Communication, Manager, Session Manager, C51000, contact Center, Call Pilot, Aura Messaging
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity/Unity Connections/Unified Messaging, Packaged Contract Center Enterprise (PCCE), Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco UC on UCS, Cisco Telepresence
- Voice gateways and protocols
- PSTN circuits (PRI, T1, SIP, analog, FXO, and FXS)
- SIP experience required
- Knowledge of Nortel or Avaya PBX systems a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law.We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.