This is a senior position on a Na Ali'i IT and Communications services project open to experienced individuals. The ideal candidate will provide operational knowledge and support of Department of Defense (DoD) networking architecture to assist in designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting of USPACOM Command and Control Support System (C2S2) networks. The Network Engineer will supplement the SME and will be expected to assist in planning, implementing, installing, configuring, operating, and optimizing an extensive range of network technologies and monitoring tools across multiple enclaves. Additionally, the Network Engineer should be knowledgeable in the practice and execution of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) validations and DISA's STIG Viewer checklist.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least 5 years of DoD network engineering experience or 8 years total of network engineering experience.
- Must have experience using and maintaining servers and SolarWinds monitoring tool.
- Experienced using Microsoft Visio and Office tools.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must meet IAT II minimum qualifications (One required: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP).
- Must have current Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Must have current Security+ CE certification.
- Must be able to carry 40 pounds.
- Must have an Interim or Final Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Assist the project lead to provide sound advice concerning network improvements and upgrades.
- Assist government personnel / SME to plan, design, and execute projects while providing crucial documentation to assist in maintaining continuity.
- Develop, modify, or using an established template, configure and deploy networkrouters, switches, firewalls, Video Teleconferencing (VTC)-specialized equipment, and all related network devices on operational networks, with no downtime, unless previously scheduled. Use /modify the backup configuration from backup server as a template.
- Assist the project lead to coordinate all planning for required Authorized Scheduled Interruptions (ASI). Complete an implementation plan and submit to government lead for review. Upon approval and completion of the ASI, produce a narrative After Actions Report (AAR) depicting the installation, faults, troubleshooting, fixes, and lessons learned.
- Execute the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) validations and account for vulnerabilities via DISA's STIG Viewer checklist; providing validation to appropriate government personnel.
- Perform cable management duties encompassing the fabrication, patching, tracing, labeling, organizing, and troubleshooting new and existing networking infrastructure.
- Work in conjunction with designated government personnel to configure/re-configure new and existing applications to capture necessary government data.
- Notify government oversight upon notification of a form of failed network redundancy, to include testing of devices, and identify the potential cause, identify courses of action for mitigation or remediation, and assist in remedying the situation.
- Provide continuous support to government personnel in maintaining and troubleshootingnetwork, hardware, printer, server, and software deficiencies for products and services within the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) data, telephony, and Video Teleconference (VTC) environments.
- Maintain network device and personnel security within the network environment, managing identity and access needs with the use of the current PACOM Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting applications.
1. Maintain and administer secure access of network devices to authorized personnel who retains appropriate rights.
2. Network devices shall be configured with a security posture authorized by USPACOM government personnel.