PURPOSE OF ROLE:
This individual must develop and apply an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls to participate in all system development lifecycle phases. This position is responsible for participating in medium to large complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice, security and video information technology solutions.
The Network Engineer responsibilities are to configure and implement security and internet platforms, local and wide area networks, telecommunications, along with management and associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing technology architectures.
The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments. Some of the unique challenges this position will face include building, evolving and maintaining complex network infrastructure solutions in a large enterprise environment that operates 24/7, 365 days a year. Translation of business requirements into network infrastructure solutions, implementation of network solutions with minimal to no impact to the business while meeting company and industry standards, requirements, policies and regulations.
The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include working knowledge of network related platforms, Network Access Control Cisco ISE, F5 LTM/GTM, Quality of Service (QOS), Routing, Switching, DNS/DHCP, Voice over IP, Ethernet, Wireless, Packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools, Scripting to automate manual functions, Network Management and monitoring tools such as NetMRI, Netscout. Cisco WSA, Cisco ASA, VPN, NIDS IDS/IPS (wired and wireless), Threat and vulnerability management and remediation activities, Network infrastructure security incident response, Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
• Mastery knowledge of 802.1x, NAC (Specifically ISE). This position is primarily focused on the management and maintenance of Lowe’s “Network Access Control” solutions.
• Responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining the
enterprise Cisco ISE solution (hardware, software and configuration components) needed to meet current and future customer/business needs.
• Build and analyze ISE rules to comply with client network security policies
• CISCO ISE Change administration
• Extensive experience in creating ISE policy for unseen network devices in a mixed environment. Profiling devices, defining DACL’s, and assigning network information.
• Fluency with F5 cli/tmsh, writing/reading/modifying configurations
• Experience defining F5 iRules, Data Groups, VIP’s and Pools
• Expert knowledge of DHCP protocol
• Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools – tcpdump, logs, Splunk Wireshark, etc.
• Experience with Aruba ClearPass
Required Minimum Qualifications:
•Demonstrated mastery of 802.1x / Enterprise NAC solution management within a large retail environment.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 4+ years of experience in an IT support
environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 4+ years’ experience in network infrastructure planning, design, and implementation.
• CCNP Security
Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• 1+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years of experienceworking with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
Job ID 1402059BR
• 2+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• 2+ years experience in the design and implementation of complex network infrastructure solutions.
• 2+ years of experience working with network diagnostic and management tools.
• 2+ years experience in the configuration and management network routers and switches.
• 2+ years experience in firewall and/or security platform design and implementation.
• 2+ years experience working with load balancing technologies.
• 2+ years experience in the design and implementation of IP services, DNS, and/or DHCP solutions.
• 2+ years experience in the design and implementation of VOIP, call center technologies, and or PBX solutions.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
• InfoSys Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP/CISSP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Design Professional or Associate (CCDP/CCDA) certification(s).
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects.
Job ID 1402059BR