Cisco Network Engineer
The successful Network Engineer will be responsible for providing network services support to both the company and its clients, and will be comfortable communicating directly with customers. The Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Administration of a variety of network equipment such as firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), network routers, switches, wireless access points, and DWDM equipment, from Cisco, Juniper and other
- Application of security updates and software patches in a timely manner, monitor network usage, assess the network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the company and its customers
- Network planning recommendations to management
- Assisting the Sales Team with the design and configuration of a prospective customer’s DR network infrastructure
- Installation and maintenance of data communication networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems
- Setup and teardown of network infrastructures for customer Disaster Recovery exercises
A successful Network Engineer will have the requisite experience with:
- At least 5 years’ configuring and administering Cisco network equipment, i.e. routers, switches, etc.
- At least 3 years’ configuring Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Ethernet switches
- A solid understanding of BGP and OSPF routing protocols
- Networking technologies in a virtualized infrastructure, i.e. ASAv, Nexus 1000v
- IPv4 and IPv6 experience – support and implementation
- Packet capture and analysis experience (Sniffer, Wireshark, etc.)
- Experience with TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP authentication
- Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration and administration
- SolarWinds NPM and ELM configuration and management
- Documenting network configuration or design
- Additional experience with the following is a plus
- Fiber Channel infrastructure and switch configuration
- DWDM equipment
- Alcatel-Lucent network equipment
- Cloud environment
- Firewall and Intrusion Prevention System administratio
- Position requires BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Technical certifications such as CCNA or better in Cisco Data Center is a plus.
- CCNP in Routing and Switching or Security are preferred but CCNA Routing and Switching is acceptable with demonstrated experience.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance