Our direct client is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer in Harrisburg, PA.
- Client is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer with a CCIE certification.
- This position is to fill an open senior datacenter network engineer position on an existing team of network engineers.
- Potential candidates must have hands on experiencewith Cisco IOS, NX-OS, strong in routing, switching, and security.
- This position will be responsible for supporting numerous Cisco routers, switches, software, and security appliances.
- This position will be responsible for designing, configuring, implementing, and managing the core network for primary and redundant datacenters including failover.
- Below is a partial list of hardware currently configured or being configured and implemented within the network.
Key Technologies to support:
- Cisco Switching (C7000, Nexus 9000, 5000, and 3000 series switches and Catalyst 3650, 3850)
- Routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Cisco 6500/4500 series Layer 3 and Layer 2
- Cisco ASR platform routers
- Cisco Routing (ASR1K, 4300, 2900)
- Cisco ASA firewalls/VPN, Firewall
- Cisco Source Fire Intrusion Prevention
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE, Security, Wireless, Guest Access)
- Cisco Any Connect and 2 Factor Authentication (RSA SecurID or similar)
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Networking Security Best Practices
- CCNP, CCIE (or similar certs over career course)
In addition to technical duties described above the candidate must also be able to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- Utilizing Microsoft Office and or Visio document any network changes and procedures as necessary.
- Work in a team environment using Remedy change tracking software.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames, under tight deadlines.
- Work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the network.
- Be proficient in effective problem solving and multi-tasking between multiple projects.
- Work is normally performed from a client's office located in Harrisburg, PA during a standard 40 hour work week.
- Some weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
- At times work may require travel to and from the various client's locations throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
- Cisco Network Engineer with CCIE certification - Required - 10 Years
- Datacenter Enterprise Cisco routing and switching experience - Required - 7Years
- Cisco Nexus platform configuration - Required - 7Years
- Routing experience in BGP, OSPF, EIGRP - Required - 10 Years
Question 1: First round, in-person interviews are required for this position. Do you accept these conditions?
Question 2: Manager prefers candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area. Do you understand?
Location: Harrisburg, PA