We are looking for Cisco Connected Grid Network Engineer for our client in Houston, TX / New Orleans, LA / Jackson, MS / Little Rock, AR
Job Title: Cisco Connected Grid Network Engineer
Job Location: Houston, TX / New Orleans, LA / Jackson, MS / Little Rock, AR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Cisco ? Connected Grid portfolio of solutions is designed specifically for the harsh, rugged environments often found in the energy and utility industries.
- These solutions include the Cisco 2010 Connected Grid Router (CGR 2010) and the Cisco 2520 Connected Grid Switch (CGS 2520), which have been designed to support the communications infrastructure needs of the energy delivery infrastructure across the generation, transmission, and distribution sectors.
- This infrastructure includes utility- and customer-owned energy infrastructure such as substation applications supporting electrical transmission and distribution, renewable generation, oil and gas, water, distributed generation, co-generation, and trackside operations.
- The infrastructure also includes communications infrastructure for delivery applications such as transmission pipelines, distribution mains, and service lines for oil and gas and water. Designed for highly secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure, the CGR 2010 and CGS 2520 are an ideal platform to support the Smart Grid and other energy delivery infrastructure needs of customers.
- These ruggedized products have been extensively tested and are KEMA certified to meet challenging substation compliance standards, including IEEE 1613 and IEC 61850-3.
- The Cisco CGR 2010 is a ruggedrouter optimized for use in the multitude of different communication networks found in the energy and utility industries.
- One example application for the Cisco CGR 2010 is for substation networks in harsh environments common in utility transmission and distribution substations. The CGR 2010 provides operators with the benefits of improved security, manageability, and network reliability.
- The CGR 2010 uses Cisco IOS? Software, which is the operating system powering millions of Cisco routers deployed worldwide.
- Cisco IOS Software delivers the benefits of integrated security for North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC/CIP) compliance, quality of service, and network management to help ensure integrity and priority of operational data communications.
Primary Cisco CGR 2010 features:
- Ruggedindustrial design, featuring no fans or moving parts, and an extended operational temperature range
- Substation compliance with IEC-61850-3 and IEEE 1613 for utility substation environments
- Integrated security to help address compliance with critical infrastructure protection mandates
- High availability design for maximum network uptime and redundancy
- Network and device management tools for deployments, upgrades, and remote monitoring
- Advanced quality of service (QoS) capabilities to support mission-critical communications such as substation communications such as SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
- Comprehensive networksecurity features based on open standards