CIS Web Engineer
A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking a CIS Web Engineer to join their team in New York. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world?s most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of New York City?s top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges. Their systems are very large and highly distributed, and engineers are always looking for creative solutions to solve problems, including employing a variety of modern programming languages, open source and big data technologies, as well as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Not only can you grow professionally in this company but they have an excellent engineering culture, work/life balance, and great benefits. The company is also very philanthropic; many employees give back to the community and the company also donates a significant portion of their profits to philanthropy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for the next step in their career and for a work place they can call home.
You will join a group that is changing the way clients connect and integrate. They build solutions for secure, high-throughput and low-latency data transfer. This allows clients to manage their full integration with products through a single system. Clients will be able to monitor and configure their applications by leveraging big data solutions, advanced data visualization, and telemetry systems within to improve their computational and financial operations. They provide a highly scalable, zero downtime, fault tolerant web application built with Angular and Play framework.
- Work directly with product owners to build products using an Agile SDLC
- Take ownership of technical solutions, from development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack
- 3+ years of experience designing and building successful web applications
- Deep understanding of browser performance and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with Responsive Web and RESTful API designs
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban, using JIRA
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Play Framework, Chef
- Experience with HTTP/2, Web Sockets, or SSE
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Protractor, Jest, and Selenium