We need you to lead the team who protect and defend the largest target in the world using your expertise in Host Based IDS, IPS and specialized network defense. This position will utilize the latest cyber tools available and assist in creating new ones and allow you to advance the nations information security posture. This Herndon based position will be Monday - Friday with Core Hours. At ManTech, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The CIRT/CSOC Countermeasures Lead on this Agency-level Cyber Security Operations and Engineering supportcontract manages a team of engineers providing subject matter expertise in the creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules and filters for specialized network defense systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems. Manages and administers the updating of rules, signatures, and custom content for specialized CND applications and systems. Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any CND tools within the enterprise and develop recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
Clearance Level: Top Secret SCI ++
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsibleexperience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cybersecurity issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, data management
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
• Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Network and Host malware detection and prevention
• Network and Host forensic applications
• Web/Email gateway security technologies
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience. Minimum of four years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.