The Brand Marketing and Circulation Manager will develop, plan, execute, measure, report, and analyze the impact of integrated direct marketing strategies and campaigns that are designed to generate leads, reservations and positive ROI. This individual’s primary focus will be on print media campaigns including catalog and direct mail, as well as setting direction for integrated email and web based components for assigned brand. Essential day-to-day focus will center on circulation/marketing planning, scheduling, audience segmentation, list and campaign management, program performance analysis and forecasting utilizing Adobe campaign and its automated templates.
- Closely manage the marketing spend budget by brand, division, region and product to ensure we meet or exceed annual passenger, revenue and profit targets.
- Work closely with senior management and yield/revenue management teams to deliver on the twin goals of increasing passengers while optimizing marketing spend and reducing dilution.
- Develop and execute multi-channel contact strategies across list segments and distributionchannels including catalog, direct mail, groups and email, with the goal of increasing booking rates and driving revenue from a qualified customer and prospect file.
- Develop and implement merchandising strategies for assigned integrated campaigns
- Manage multiple projects of up to 41 web pages, numerous email campaigns and up to 100 direct mail/catalog pages concurrently, driving the promotional schedule and meeting all deployment dates
- Lead turnover meetings for Creative teams (Copy, Design, Photo) providing clear direction and priorities at promotion turnover meetings
- Create and revise paginations based on automated scorecards – responsible for the completion of scorecards for creative post-mortems
- Provide and be knowledgeable in best practices in campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (direct mail, email, phone, web, social, etc.)
- Perform and/or leverage data analyses, develop, test and measure campaign strategies and tactics to drive desired customer behaviors and results.
- Lead ongoing PTF/Priority meetings along with campaign and program discussions with internal product, revenue and channel partners to ensure all parties are in sync with and accountable for their deliverables to support the company’s integrated marketing efforts.
- Deep understanding of list, offer, creative package responsiveness, content relevancy and communications channel engagement: Direct mail, Phone, Interactive (Web, Email and Social).
- Leverage Vantage’s automated and proprietary segmentation, modeling and scoring solutions and other data assets to continually improve and optimize campaign performance.
- Share insights from the customer data needed to drive next day sales while building longer-term business.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in direct or database marketing - analytics, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, segmentation analysis, customer profiling, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience with database querying tools, languages and analytical platforms supporting database marketing such as marketing automation and campaign management software solutions. Specific experience with SQL, SAS, Adobe Marketing Suite (Neolane), Business Objects preferred.
- Travel industry experience strongly preferred.
- BA/BS with significant coursework in marketing, mathematics or economics, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Creative thinking, exceptional analytical skills coupled with solid business foundation, particularly in Database Marketing.
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude – interested in “figuring out” solutions.
- Deep hands-on experience in multi-channel, multi-wave (trigger) direct marketing operations, strategy and analysis.
- Ability to integrate data to new or existing database structures.
- Ability to mine data, using query language(s) to create data for program development.
- Marketing program forecasting, measurement and assessment.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong detail orientation, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and accountability to get the job done.