At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
CIO Identity is an organization within IBM Network Engineering and Information Security. CIO Identity’s mission is to provide frictionless, secure, state of the art access to Enterprise IT Resources. We provide services for authentication, a centralized platform for access management and a core set of foundational services that include Identity for IBMers worldwide.
CIO Identity Azure Active Directory is a challenging project that enables IBM to take advantage of MS projects and services utilizing a single enterprise Azure AD tenant hosted in the MS Cloud. We are seeking a strong Iteration Manager/Project Manager to join our North Castle, NY, team. We are looking for a true team player that can work as Iteration Manager to support not only development, testing and rollout of changes to support IBM’s utilization of the MS Azure AD instance, but that can create a support model providing subscriber support to worldwide organizations that use MS products and services leveraging Azure AD.
This candidate will need to have a strong and recent background with MS products, specifically Azure AD. Also required are familiarity with agile methods and tools, as well as a suite of skills that will support this overall initiative. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, able to work.
Job Duties include:
- Agile iteration management of multiple, parallel workstreams supporting IBM’s Azure AD instance
- Status/scrum meetings with extended team(s) daily to keep key workstreams moving forward and progressing
- Assistance to Product Owner and Functional Manager on proper staffing and support
- Create/maintain technical and support documentation/desk procedures
- to facilitate Azure AD support for IBM adopters worldwide.
- Familiarity with the functions of Azure AD to provide backup support for the Global Administrator function.
- Employ project management skills, including agile-specific concepts like backlog management, tracking burndown and velocity
- Manage a team of experienced technical professionals by facilitating operational task management in a transparent, collaborative manner
- Work with the team to remove impediments blocking the completion of work or commitments
- Direct the execution of daily tasks and squad activity to ensure business commitments are achieved
- Foster demonstrated communication and productive relationships to coordinate work with Product Owners, team members, partners, and other stakeholders
- Set the team up for success by leveraging agile ceremonies, including showcases, retrospectives and scrums
- Regularly track metrics and reporting on programs to leadership and identify areas for improvement
- Professional and effective communication skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate successfully across IBM and our external providers, working seamlessly with engineers, designers and support teams
- Be able to independently manage multiple aspects of product development and deployment to IBM employees with a strong focus on the user experience, security, simplification and automation
A day in the life at IBM
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners and extended team – all while being based in North Castle, New York (remote work will start this assignment, with pending move back to IBM facility)
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
Staying relevant with respect to emerging trends in areas related to MS, Cloud technologies and Agile practices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with the Microsoft product suite with notable history with Azure AD
- PMI Certification with 5+ years managing development and support teams
- Demonstrated experience in Agile Methods and Tools such as Github, Jira, Box, WebEx, Slack, etc.
- Experience overseeing both development and production support teams
- Demonstrated effective communication skills in a high-profile environment.
- Team leadership, problem solving, negotiation, teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail