As a Senior Cinematics Animator you'll be creating story-driven content for ArenaNet's products, crafting character performance animation as well as driving the quality of the team's animation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft custom animation for both cinematics and in-game cinematic content.
- Utilize the motion capture pipeline to deliver performance-driven animation.
- Hand-key performance animation that can't be covered by motion capture.
- Working with the Cinematic Lead, assist with reviewing animation content for cinematics.
- With our proprietary tools, other tasks will involve various technical work (not coding) that will be required to get the animation and cinematic job done.
- 6 plus years of performance animation experience.
- 2 plus years of game development experience.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skills in performance animation, both body and face.
- Strong show of lip sync animation.
- Ability to hand-key animate.
- Strong show of motion capture clean up.
- Strong skills in Maya and Motion Builder.
- Experience with in-game cinematics, scene setup, triggers, and game engine implimentation.
- Organized and good interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, taking direction from the director on the needs for the scene.
PLUSES (NICE TO HAVES)
- Passion for games, animation, and storytelling.
- Have some other cinematic skill, either rigging, tools, camera, lighting, etc.
- Motion Capture acting in the suit.