MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Wealth Adviser is responsible for counseling clients on investment opportunities, in alignment with the clients needs, goals and tolerance for risk. The Wealth Adviser works directly with clients by providing objective, event-driven financial advice focused on each clients whole financial picture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of United Capital Financial Advisers, Inc., Advice delivery process including Money Mind , Honest Conversations and the 6 Step Process.
- Successfully leads clients through the Money Mind and Honest Conversationsprocess.
- Adheres to the UCFA Client Meeting Processes for Advice and pricing Advice accurately.
- Assists clients in the areas of investment, tax retirement, education, insurance and estate planning, working closely with the Managing Director, Relationship Manager and Director of Operations to support overall planning needs as well as company objectives.
- Actively participates in case design and meeting preparation managing an assigned Relationship Manager to ensure all client deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively monitors financial markets, specific investments in clients portfolios and keeps abreast of new investment strategies and investment vehicles to continue to provide the best possible level of service to all firm clients.
- Takes a holistic view of each clients financial needs and goals ensuring clients remain on track to achieve goals.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the clients situation resulting in the ability to review each deliverable with the client, including Investment performance.
- Acts as the primary liaison with clients accountants, attorneys and other advisors and creates a strong relationship as a team to ensure a comprehensive wealth management plan.
- Maintains clear communication with clients relative to a minimum level of service and ongoing service expectations.
- Develops and manages relationships with assigned client base ensuring all clients have a consistent and positive experience.
- Responsible for new business development, including active retention of new clients, development of strategic alliances and opportunities within Advisers own book of business.
- Focuses on business development both internally and externally. Managing client relationships by creating and executing business development strategies that attract and retain clients.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and business development plans to achieve annual individual and Regional Office revenue goals.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners. Actively develops and maintains relationships with target clients, effectively utilizing available universal marketing materials.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent image throughout all marketing materials, communications and events in alignment with United Capital standards.
- Participates on special task forces related to new corporate wide initiatives.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent experience; Master of Business Administration degree is strongly desired; Must have either a Series 7 and Series 66 OR Series 65. Certified Financial Planner or Charted Financial Analyst designation is highly desired. Minimum four years of working as a Relationship Manager with at least 2 years in a Senior Relationship Manager role and/or minimum two years of working as a Wealth Adviser, Financial Adviser or Financial Consultant. Registered as an Investment Advisory Representative (IAR).
Required Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Apps
- Prophix or other computerized accounting systems
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Securities, Financial Planning, Investments or Insurance
- Custodian Platforms (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
- Maintenance of confidential records
Required Skills in:
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients through dissatisfaction.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Proficient in Google Apps.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, other executives and levels of management.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential client issues.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.