CIM Engineer I, Back-end Automation
nLIGHT is seeking a CIM Engineer, Back-end Automation to join our team at our headquarters located in Vancouver, Washington.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and managing software applications used in the manufacture of high power lasers as well as solving day-to-day problems to support nLight's engineering and manufacturing teams. This is a growth opportunity within the CIM group, and is an ideal fit for a team-oriented, self-directed person with ambition and drive.
- Establish effective communication with other departments to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner
- Thoroughly document software design, execution, and end-user instructions
- Follow software design standards including abstraction, design patterns, and change control
- Design and test interfaces between ERP, manufacturing, and equipment data collection systems.
- This position will report to the CIM group lead.
Required Education and Skills
- BS in Software Development or equivalent
- 1 year developing software
- Direct experience programming with C#.NET, XML, JSON, SQL
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful and SOAP API’s
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint
- Direct experience programming MVC ASP.NET
- Experience with production systems including MES/MOM, SPC, and Data Collection
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.