- Minimum 10 years of Corporate or Investment bankingexperience including as a Global Relationship Manager (or equivalent) with a current client portfolio.
- Experience originating, negotiating and leading transactions.
- Extensive corporate finance product knowledge including credit, capital markets and derivatives as well as other financial products and services.
- Previous experience cross-selling DCM, Cash Management Services, tradefinance, multi-product solutions, and risk management solutions (interest rate, commodity and foreign exchange) in the US and globally.
- Demonstrated pro-active ownership and expertise in managing credit risk
- A highly professional and polished individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and approach as well as strong overall business acumen.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or related field.
- MUST be bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Series 7 certification preferred.
Must meet credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history, review of credit report, civil litigation, liens, and other public records.
The Relationship Manager is responsible for business development and relationship management activities with global clients, with emphasis on originating business and generating cross selling opportunities based on BBVA’s product capabilities in the US and BBVA’s global network. Works with Portfolio and Risk Management Group, and product partners from Global Markets, Corporate Lending and Trade Finance to facilitate overall customer relationship management and cross selling.
Major/Essential Job Duties:
- Reviews and analyzes credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit to the Petitioner’s clients and potential clients.
- Interprets macroeconomic data affecting credit extension to clients, including business, industry, political and economic analysis.
- Calculates optimal amount of global credit support for clients.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates actual and potential global returns to the Petitioner based on client transactions.
- Makes pricing determinations and quotes prices to clients.
- Interacts with the clients and their Latin American subsidiaries in English and Spanish.
- Develops marketing plans for the Petitioner’s products and services to be offered.
- Negotiates contracts with clients and leads and participates in project implementation teams.
- Visits existing clients and prospect clients with the goal of developing the client relationship and prospecting business opportunities.
- Leverage knowledge of the financial services industry, commercial banking, and overall business acumen to engage in value-delivering conversations with key business leaders to get at the heart of their business issues, challenges and seeks opportunities as well as their performance drivers in order to confidently present the most appropriate research and analytics solution(s).