JPMorgan has a leading Global Rates Trading business, offering highly integrated services to a global client base. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and make markets in G10 Interest Rate, Inflation Linked and FX Derivatives, Government debt securities and Fixed Income Futures and Options. The trading desk also creates, trades and risk manages complex financial derivative solutions for clients in the complex derivatives market.
Americas Finance & Business Management is seeking to hire a dynamic, self-motivated Executive Director or senior Vice President level Business Manager with specific responsibility supporting the North America Rates franchise.
The franchise spans a wide product set, including linear derivatives and cash securities all the way through to IR exotics and insurance derivatives. The successful candidate will be the regional head managing a small team of business managers directly supporting the business.
The Business Manager, as part of the Americas CIB Markets Sales Finance & Business Management organization, provides support to the business and is critical for driving analysis, process improvement, financial analysis and controls, as well as delivering on strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute on the strategic and financial objectives of the North America Rates businesses
- Work alongside business and desk heads, to drive the front office agenda, including partnering with sales teams to help achieve this
- Assist in driving opportunities to grow the business and client revenues, including support of new products and platforms through the full end-to-end implementation process
- Strategic development of the Global Rates businesses electronic trading agenda across all aspects of the business in partnership with Macro Ecommerce team
- Influence solutions to market structure change and drive initiatives to prepare for it
- Drive competitive benchmarking and market analysis
- Prepare and communicate business strategy, performance and priorities to a broad audience, including senior management
- Assist in planning revenues, headcount, expenses and investment/productivity initiatives
- Oversight to ensure that the business is run in an efficient and controlled manner, including tracking against budgets/plans and key financial ratios and effective management of direct and indirect costs
- Collaborate and partner with the Financial Controllers to develop financialreporting and key MIS for the business, including commentary on the drivers of key financials
- Provide and effective liaison between the Front Office and various support groups (i.e. Middle Office, Product Control, Business Control) to manage the day to day operations, as well as defining and implementing key initiatives for the business
- Partner with others in Finance & Business Management (CFOs, Business Managers, Controllers) across regions and businesses to share best practice and drive consistency across the bank
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related area
- Strong understanding of Global Rates market structure, historical changes and potential future evolution along with strong Rates product acumen.
- Knowledge of shifting regulatory environment and Capital requirements, Financial Regulation and Basel III
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgement, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Self starter; ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Energetic, self motivated and effective under pressure – must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills; proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong project management and presentation skills
Req #: 180025835