Job Advertisement Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Muscatine, IA
- The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
- This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title
The Continuous Improvement Manager will provide a full range of productivity services to Operations and direct cost reduction programs for the facility including leading lean events, implementing Manufacturing Operating Systems (MOS) throughout the facility, developing and measuring facility systems and developing and delivering continuous improvement training programs for the facility. Direction in disciplines of best business practices including, but not limited to, yield improvement, manpower utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, working capital both raw material and finished goods. Key incumbent will act as a coach for the KHGPS, Site Steering Committee helping to implement KHGPS. This person will work closely with KHGPS Task Force to drive greater utilization of processes and procedures and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved. This person will provide direct support and coaching to front line managers, supervisors and team leaders as they help their direct reports understand and adopt KHGPS.
- Continuous Development of the productivity decks.
- Generate cost reduction opportunities and implement process improvement to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Coordinate major initiatives across Supply Chain to insure optimum cost. This coordination will include, but not be limited to, purchasing, distribution, manufacturing, research & development, packaging and engineering.
- Implement and train MOS & Lean / Six Sigma processes to plant location personnel.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Assist with the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
- Share and implement best practice initiatives across Supply Chain.
- Coordinate the progression of KHGPS using TRACC as a tool.
- Develop and maintain performance (KPI) visuals.
- Ownership of the Priority One system; responsible to ensure all users are trained and that all projects are current.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and tracking system (where needed).
- Develop a waste analysis for all lines.
- Lead and coordinate 5S initiatives plant-wide.
- Develop and manage the department’s operating budget.
- Manage and evaluate the Continuous Improvement staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean)
- Bachelor degree is required; Preferably in Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5years of operations experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Production supervision experience preferred.
- Black Belt Certification preferred.