Church Engagement Relationship Manager I
Church Engagement Relationship Manager IJob ID 2018-17576 LocationName Colorado Springs - GMC Category Marketing
Manages a portfolio of church relationships in a regional portfolio by cultivating new church partnerships and retaining existing church relationships with the goal of child sponsorships and major gifts for all core ministry programs. Identifies, qualifies and cultivates church leadsfrom various sources. Works under the direction of a Regional Church Relations Director.
This role requires an organized, self-initiator who is goal driven and can communicate effectively through phone and email with key church leaders. Constructs a pipeline of church partners through building trust and legitimacy with leaders and influencers within the church. Works from a home office and manages up to 40% domestic and international travel.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants already living in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky or Western Pennsylvania will be given preference.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Executes the church engagement strategy in collaboration with marketing team members.
- Personally interacts with large church pastors and other key decision-makers to foster effective relationships and growth in increased giving potential.
- Establishes and cultivates church relationships, generating sponsorships and varied revenue streams in order to meet annual goals and budget requirements for a wide variety of ministry needs. Manages assigned church relationships to meet goals for activity and revenue production.
- Organizes and leads vision and/or short terms missions trips for the purpose of cultivating church relationships.
- Reports to donor churches on the use of funds through stewardship reports, maintaining strong communication related to project follow-up and a personalized affirmation program for prior gifts and involvement.
- Operating within the approved budget, maintains accurate database of accounts, documenting activities and opportunities and following existing process and business rules and requirements. Provides required reports summarizing achievement of assigned objectives in accordance with approved processes.
- Represents Compassion, contributing to regional and national meetings and participating as a speaker at events where communication of Compassion’s ministry is required.
- Occasionally coaches and provides expertise to other staff in the marketing discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships:
1. Here for a Reason-the Mission: We are passionate about our cause. We focus on what matters most, willingly sacrificing for the good of the whole.
2. Serious about Personal Growth-Ours & Others: We are committed to lifelong learning. We seek feedback and help along the way.
3. 100% For One Another: We constantly seek the best in others, engaging in healthy discussion and conflict.
4. Careful with our Words: We understand that words have power and we listen before speaking.
5. Invite Others In: We value relationships. We are trusting, transparent and lean on each other’s strengths.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline.
- 5 years' minimum experience working in/with churches, sales, or major gift development, with current giving and/or planned giving; experience working in CRM system to manage relationships preferred.