Job ID : 92179BR
Location :US - California - San Diego
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
San Diego / Analytical Instruments Group/ Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
This field based position 70%, depending on business needs
What will you do
- Drives commercial sales of enterprise chromatography data system (CDS) within an assignedgeographic sales territory.
- Provides post-sales installation, training and technical support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the North American field sales organization.
- Develops services team knowledge of Chromeleon CDS by offering training, coaching and generaltechnical assistance
- Works closely with the Chromatography field sales and Center of Excellence (CoE) instrument groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ process requirements (both from an instrument perspective and process communication protocols), shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving tocustomers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as asset to the division by providing feedback on contact with process customers.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsive to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their organizations and procedures; of theindustries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Drafts technical bidding proposal for process instrument applications and coordination of process system integration.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition especially in process instrumentation.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
How will you get there
Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent required.
3-5 years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment in the pharma/bio-pharma market preferred
- Extensive experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing process and implementation ofprocess instrumentation and process control.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Accurate forecasting ability
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.