Job Title: Chromatography Software Sales Specialist
Location: California, Remote
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking an experienced Chromatography Data Systems (CDS) Sales Specialist to join the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (CMD) team. In this division, we offer a complete range of high-end analytical instruments and software services that support Customers within the clinical diagnostic labs, pharmaceuticals, biotech and Industrial and environmental market segments. CMD has approximately $2.3B+ in revenue and 6400 employees across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
This business critical position is focused on pre-sales for our Chromeleon Chromatography Data System. Chromeleon is a premier Chromatography Data System (CDS) which controls over 400 different LC, IC, and GC instruments and accessories from more than 30 manufacturers, with full bi-directional communication, extensive command options, and detailed event tracking. Chromeleon CDS provides instrument control, data analysis, reporting and compliance-readiness.
What will you do?
- Drives commercial sales of enterprise chromatography data system (CDS) within an assigned geographic sales territory.
- Provides post-sales installation, training and technical support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the North American field sales organization.
- Develops services team knowledge of Chromeleon CDS by offering training, coaching and general technical assistance
- Works closely with the Chromatography field sales and Center of Excellence (CoE) instrument groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ process requirements (both from an instrument perspective and process communication protocols), shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as asset to the division by providing feedback on contact with process customers.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsive to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Drafts technical bidding proposal for process instrument applications and coordination of process system integration.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition especially in process instrumentation.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
Required Skills and Education to get there?
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment in the pharma/bio-pharma market preferred
- Extensive experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing process and implementation of process instrumentation and process control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- This field based position covers the California, primarily Northern California, and will require overnight travel at times up to 30%, depending on business needs.