Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 214 days ago
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
You've established your people management and leadership ability. Here's where you take it further. You'll manage assignedsales personnel to achieve unit revenues and expense objectives, assign territories to representatives and play your part in negotiations with key customers. As well as managing budget and resources, and developing direct reports, you'll also assist in planning strategy and training sales staff.
Position Summary/Overview: The North Americas Chemistries and Supplies sales organization has an exciting sales management opportunity for the Midatlantic and Southeast Region, covering Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida. Bring your innovative sales ideas to life in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment. Creativity and innovation are welcome!
Job Description, Position Roles/Responsibilities:
In this role, you will be managing a team of territory sales representatives that are focused on Agilent's chromatography and spectroscopy chemistries and supplies business for US and Canada. In addition to your management responsibilities, you will represent the sales management team on channel specific initiatives, sales meetings, training solutions, and commercialization and other sales initiatives. You will develop and drive sales strategies to achieve team performance as well as the overall Americas Field Organization's (AFO) sales performance.
* Manage territory sales representatives who are responsible for growing sales in their assigned geographies
* Participate in sales planning; implement AFO business plan tactics and programs that improve sales growth and the customer experience
* Develop and execute on B2B and digital sales projects and programs that improve the customer buying experience
* Develop and evolve organizational structure to support sales and market growth
* Create a sales culture that optimizes customer satisfaction and loyalty
* Develop sales talent; focus on employee growth and satisfaction
* Partner with Chemistries and Supplies (CSD) sales management colleagues, marketing team, and solution unitScheduleFull-timeRequirements* Bachelors or Masters Degree, with 3+ years relevant experience as a sales manager or sales representative
* Strong interest in mentoring and coaching employees
* Strong leadership potential with focus on Agilent's core values
* Passion for a superior customer experience
* Results oriented; experience in achieving sales quota and objectives
* Ability to execute on a business plan and drive change improvements
* Ability to create an exciting sales team environment
* Ability to handle multiple initiatives in a dynamic ever-changing environment, with the ability to swiftly shift and juggle priorities
* Located within the geography (DE, MD, VA, DC, GA, NC, SC, or FL) with the ability to travel up to 50% of the time to visitcustomers and work with your territory sales reps within the geography