This role is located in Decatur, Alabama.
Want to be a part of a global, high-tech company that is launching innovative agricultural solutions and experiencing phenomenal growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Enjoy working in an environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done?
Then, Chore-Time has a place for you!
Who We Are:
Chore-Time is a division of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, and we are a global organization that is built around a commitment to bringing improved productivity to the poultry industry. From the feed bins to the fans, you can count on Chore-Time to deliver the best solution. We have a long-standing tradition of demonstrating inspirational leadership through the innovation, development, and enhancement of our products for more than 60 years. We attribute our success to our company’s ability to engage in the on-going development of technological advancements that meet the ever-changing needs of leading poultry industry producers. And with these advancements, we are feeding the world with proven poultry production systems and products that are Made to Work. Built to Last. ® So, as a team member, you will be a strong contributor to our mission in developing new technologies that help feed the world!
Our Vision: Leadership through Innovation®
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Profit Sharing, Holiday Bonus & 401k
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement & Dependent Scholarship Program
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Plant Manager, you will manage the operations – including production, warehouse, maintenance, and facility – to ensure business goals are attained within budget and resources guidelines.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- You will lead production and scheduling, following customer order due dates, along with some ordering on smaller components, to ensure shipping dates are achieved.
- You will manage and control costs to ensure budget goals are attained in the areas of scrap, material usage, overtime, tools, and supplies.
- You will create Lean-thinking and 5S initiatives within the facility to continually enhance quality output.
- You will manage the safety and maintenance of the facility and equipment – initiating Capital Expense requests where applicable.
- You will lead, mentor, and develop team members to continually grow competencies within the facility while creating a challenging work environment that retains top talent.
- You will collaborate with customers, CTB Customer Service, and vendors to ensure smooth processes for all involved.
- Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or other related field; or equivalent of coursework and experience; Six Sigma or Lean certifications highly preferred, but not required
- Experience: 5+ years of Manufacturing and Supervisory experience in a production environment
- Functional Skills: Strong budgeting, planning, and production schedulingexperience; Lean-thinking and process improvement skills; thorough understanding of the complete supply chain process; Safety/OSHAexperience; Strong attention to detail as well as solid decision-making skills
- Technology Skills: Above average experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Leadership/Behaviors: Servant leadership skills; Ability to mentor, engage, and grow a team; Experience as a “Change Agent” and ability to lead with a vision to align and motivate small teams
- Culture Match: The right person will be able to work within a collaborative team environment; Will be good listening and responding effectively; and will have the natural ability to take a vision and turn it into a concept