Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support Individuals with brain injury, Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (including autism spectrum disorder), spinal cord injury, other physical and neurological conditions & mental health issues and children with disabilities, you’ll be one of those special people.
For REM Central Lakes and The MENTOR Network the Program Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Director's role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
REM Central Lakes is seeking a Program Director to manage the day to day operations of one program in a community or small geographic area. Program Directors ensure quality of services delivered and compliance with regulatory requirements. The Program Director also manages, hires, trains and schedules staff.
- 21years of age or older.
- Designated Coordinator recognition required for non-ICF programs. The successful candidate must have one of the three qualifying backgrounds. (must meet a) OR b) OR c)
a) Associate degree in a field related to human services and two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
b) A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution and three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
c) A minimum of fifty hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities; And four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications identified in the above or QIDP.
- Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) recognition required for ICF programs: must have Four yeardegree in field related to human services and one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older
- Four yeardegreepreferred
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrated ability in areas of leadership, personnel, employee training, and public relations.
- Skilled in written and oral communication, community relations and service development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of behavior management principles, program development, and monitoring techniques.
- Eligible as determined by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the Department of Human Services, and the Company’s Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements as defined by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off/Vacation/Sick Time
- Rewarding career that enriches lives
- Paid Training