The Child Psychologist evaluates and treats patients referred by mental health providers, conducts individual, group and family therapy, consults with primary care providers, child psychiatry and health care providers regarding mental health aspects of family and patient management. Performs psychological testing and differential diagnosis.
- Evaluates and diagnoses the mental health of children and adults, utilizing psychological tests where appropriate.
Provides brief intensive treatment for children and families, in person and through telemedicine, as well as ongoing group and supportive therapy in appropriate cases.
- Determines need for child psychiatric referrals in consultation with pediatricians and mental health providers.
- Consults regularly with the mental health staff and pediatric primary care providers on patient care issues.
- Maintains liaison with community resources for child mental health services.
- Assists in implementing mental health in-service educating programs for medical staff. Participates in staff development meetings and quality-or-care activities on a regular basis.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experienceworking with children required.
- PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be licensed to practice as a clinical psychologist in all three (3) jurisdictions in which KPMAS operates - VA, MD and DC are required
- New employees have one year from date of hire to obtain appropriate licensure in all three (3) jurisdictions.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Knowledge and proficiency with a range of clinical approaches to care required.
- Knowledge and experience with Psychological testing required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Strong assessment skills.
- Treatment planning expertise.
- Strong goal oriented psychotherapy skills.
- Initiative; capacity for independent practice.
- Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member.
- Experience ages 2-18 years of age.
- Electronic Medical Record Experiece.Job Number: 742931