This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 90 primary and specialty care locations
- An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
- Over 5,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals
The successful candidate will join a well-established team of 11 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, who provide comprehensive mental health services. Inpatient care is provided in a 24 bed inpatient unit, staffed by Inpatient Psychiatrists who also serve as consultation liaisons to hospitalized patients. Outpatients are treated in the 20 bed partial hospitalization unit and through intense outpatient service programs. In addition, the Psychiatric Intake Response Center, located within the Emergency Department at Akron Children’s Hospital provides access to behavioral health services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of child and adolescent psychiatrists affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student, resident, and fellowship education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.