Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
A nationally award winning, rapidly growing FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center)with multiple locations in Houston, Texas is looking for a Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist. Under the direction of the Behavioral Health Services Director, the Child Psychiatrist will deliver care commensurate with training and experience to all patients. Delivers care appropriate for an outpatient, primary care FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Centers) with a multicultural, multilingual patient population. Sign on Bonus and Excellent Benefits Package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Psychiatrist will provide care in the disciplines of general psychiatry by planning and carrying out psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and psychotherapy for children and their families.
- Must have a valid medical license to practice in Texas, and be in good standing
- Have experience working in a high volume clinic environment
- A graduate of a formal accredited medical school and certified to practice by Texas State Board
- Preferably Board Certified in Psychiatry with a high level of competency in working with mental health issues, children and adolescents, families and diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic settings
- Interest and/or experience in collaboration with interdisciplinary health teams
- Possess unrestricted DEA certificate
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
.Continuing Education and Training Requirements
- Participates in trainings required by licensure and/or by the funding source.