Now hiring: An American Success Story!
Our client is the kind of once-in-a-lifetime career-changing environment that most only dream of working with. This is no exaggeration. Our client is truly turning its industry upside down with market-shaking innovation and agile solutions backed by highly prominent financialinvestors.
Want to hear more? Read on~
Once upon not too long ago an American corporate employee left corporate America and realized there were massive needs in an age-old industry. He formed a company and began systematically addressing the industry problems by applying technology and not-so-common sense? the result? Global attention and massive growth for his enterprise. Fast forward to today and we have an immediate need for an experienced Chief IT Officer.
In this critical role you will work alongside the Founder and President and will be responsible for helping grow the company using technology resources. You will wear a lot of hats and should be accustomed to deftly juggling multiple priorities.
Our client has rock solid financial backing yet has a start-up/ entrepreneurial mindset and approach. They take their work seriously, but don?t have interest in office politics or nonsense? there is simply too much to do to allow for mindless distractions! If you?re looking to climb a corporate ladder, this is not the right role for you. If you?re brimming with ideas and the prospect of being a part of building one of America?s greatest new enterprises excites you? well then you?re on the right track and should probably reach out to us.
Here are a few specifics:
This person we?re looking for will be responsible for all facets of information technology and systems ? software development, web solutions, data management, infrastructure, desktop, and overseeing client support.
And final note: This company is EMERGING. So if you're expecting a highrise with a vast sea of cubicles, this isn't what you will find. Instead, you'll find a solidly backed, financially sound start-up that has grown significantly but is poised for the next big step. Getting there is what we need YOU to assist with.
- Initially you will lead the transition of the currently outsourced (US Based) IT team, you will hire and develop your own team to be located in FL. Once your team is identified and hired you will lead the technology function with responsibilities including project management, resource planning, stakeholder management and overall team responsibility for the execution of defined business deliverables including scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for custom application development for proprietary client service platforms, client-facing web sites and interactive tools, and operational tools used company-wide.
- Oversee production and development of team for persistence services and back office services including database design, modeling, implementation, support, monitoring, application stored procedures, business analytics reporting, CRM and sales support.
- Oversee IT Infrastructure Vendor who is responsible for servers, SAN/storage, networking, telecommunications, desktop, client support (internal and external), office productivity applications, and related information technology functions.
- Establish the company?s technical vision, thought leadership, and leads all aspects of the company?s technology services.
- Ability to manage day-to-day activity for individual contributor direct reports, while at the same time leading firm-wide strategy and interacting regularly with business leadership.
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
- Provide leadership, coordination and communication for production issue incident management and follow-up problem management to ensure root cause is quickly identified and permanently resolved.
- Conducts research and feasibility studies on leading edge technologies and provides cost/benefit and ROI analysis for their implementation.
- Ensure proper financial controls are in place, seek out cost reduction opportunities, provide technology budget tracking and management, and provide review/approval for all technology-related procurement decisions.
- Provide guidance for client-facing web site user interface and user experience design.
- Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the company's business objectives.
- Be a key leader of the overall organization. Interaction with the board and other strategic partners will be required.
- Work in a consultative fashion with key stakeholders and department heads, such as operations, as an adviser and enabler of technologies to improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness
- Resource/Performance Management
- Provide hands-on program management for the largest and most strategic initiatives?cradle to grave. Ensure staff is responsive to business and client needs. Create a sense of delivery urgency and motivation.
- Set clear delivery goals, ownership and accountability for technology services.
- Build a culture of pro-activity, business co-operation, continuous improvement, and exceptional service delivery.
- Ability to raise the bar on performance, maximize resource utilization/productivity, provide coaching/mentoring, annual performance appraisals, staff hiring, and capability to manage and address performing concerns.
- Provide organizational and cultural change leadership and change management.
- The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 3years experience leading an Information Technology department across multiple technical disciplines including application/web development, database, and infrastructure operations.
- 5+ years experience managing an application development team of 5 or more resources.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience leading solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Stable work history with at least 2years average duration per employer, few breaks in employment, and with progressively increasing career responsibility.
- Hands-on technical leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
- Ability to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals.
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, exceptionally detail oriented, and driven to exceed expectations.
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Graduate Degree in Information Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process, and business change management. Experience leading large enterprise-wide technology re-platform programs and organizational realignments.
Modest relocation funds available. No sponsorships available at this time. This role is located NEAR LAKELAND, FL.