Imprivata is the leader in secure access and collaboration for healthcare. For over 10 years, we have been enhancing care delivery by providing fast, secure access to patient information. Healthcare environments are unique and complex and require solutions that work with care providers -- whatever the workflow, application or desktop.
Imprivata was launched in 2002 with the clear goal of making it easier for clinicians to access health information. We have succeeded, with over 4 million clinicians around the world, using Imprivata for secure and convenient access. Now we are taking on new and exciting challenges in healthcare. We’re looking for a skilled professional that can help propel us into new areas of growth.
Take a walk around our offices and you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact.
Imprivata’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) must be a thought leader in both technology and healthcare IT in addition to focusing on customer and regulatory engagements. With a passion for building businesses, technology, and teams, the CTO will be a key leader partnering with other executives to ensure the company’s technology strategy serves its business strategy. The CTO will champion and foster a collaborative corporate culture by bringing a unique combination of startup-like resourcefulness, technical expertise, and seasoned executive level strategic experience that allows contribution at the highest level of the organization. As a leader, our CTO must maintain knowledge of current technology trends and practices to ensure Imprivata remains technically aggressive in developing solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Markets
- The CTO will assist in developing the vision and road map to execute current and future company goals and objectives to provide the best technology in the appropriate market segments while effectively consolidatingtechnology products acquired through M & A activities.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to stakeholders including clients, customers, strategic partners, analysts, media, regulatory agencies, executives, and team members.
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals by developing guidelines for technological innovation and attaining differentiating intellectual property.
- Work collaboratively with the Product and Engineering teams to develop new products, product enhancements, and product redesign for the organization
- Work closely with Business Development to develop new strategic relationships
- Establish and communicate requirements in acquiring technology applications, services, systems, and equipment; negotiate and manage vendor contracts to cost and performance standards.
- Monitor and assess technologies, tools and methodologies relevant to our mission and customers
- Stay up-to-date on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the probability of implementation to ensure continued delivery of best-in-class solutions that meet market needs
- Provide reliable technical assessment and due diligence of potential partners and acquisitions
- Maintain a strong and competent R&D technologists, ensuring that that they positively the mission of the Office of the CTO
- Establish clear goals and performance objectives for the R&D team
- Act as a passionate and articulate customer-facing proponent of our business and technology strategy
- A passion for identifying and/or solving the major pain points of poor customer experience
- Focus on our customers, seeking to understand perspectives and building upon relationships.
- Deep history in Healthcare IT (IDN and or hospital)
- Strong IT technology- preference for Identify Access Management, Cyber Security
- Deep knowledge and experience in regulatory engagements - standards bodies and Policy Direction
- Strong view into technology from a developer perspective
- Ability to effective engage with customers - strong listening skills and deep understanding of how to build relationships
- Experience building a healthcaretechnology platform or understanding how to build mission critical and enterprise class products
- Experience building a service oriented architecture delivered through a multi-tenant, distributed cloud system
- Worked in an agile software development environment
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience managing and protecting intellectual property
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey detailed and complicated messages to varied audiences, including the ability to communicate technically and non-technically with ability to translate between the two
- Bachelor’s degreerequired (prefer computer science or related field), Master’s degreedesired
- 10 + years’ experience building new products and services
- 12 + years’ experience in technology and engineering
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.