The Chief Technology Advisor fosters relationships by working closely with our Account Teams and customers. S/he provides leadership and vision, while being a contributing, inspiring member of the team of resources focused on achieving business outcomes. S/he collaborates with technical subject matter experts and application development resources and works jointly with our Management Consulting organization to define account strategy and deliver the right approach for our clients' digital transformation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPENTENCIES
The CTA has a broad focus that will ultimately lead to the deployment of modernized systems and transformative solutions across the IT landscape in support of our customers' business strategies. Our CTA are expected to advise CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they move their business to cloud architectures and/or embark on digital transformation.
- Lead Executive/Sr. level meetings with customers to gain a detailed understanding of their technical and business needs
- Help develop transformational solutions that enable our customers to achieve best-in-class performance, reliability, and privacy, while adhering to industry standard architectural principals
- Conduct architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions, working with WWT experts in network, compute, storage, virtualization, collaboration, security, big data and application development
- Demonstrate WWTs value proposition and differentiation effectively to technical and business audiences
- Develop thorough understanding of WWT's Advanced Technology Center, Integration Technology Center and Asynchrony Labs capabilities and effective working relationships with leaders in these areas to represent the full WWT value proposition to customers
- Work closely with the Management Consulting, implementation and project teams to ensure smooth transitions from sales to delivery
- Participate in industry, product, sales, and procedural training as needed to maintain the knowledge and certifications necessary to be effective
- Provide accurate and timely management information such as activity reports, bid reviews and project forecasts that adhere to the WWT's quality and business processes
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure (network, storage, compute, virtualization) and information security
- Proficient on cloud platform architecture and design including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience developing and implementing best practices for IT Service Delivery
- Experience with software-defined networks, software-defined data center infrastructure and understanding of modern cloud capabilities (Private, Hybrid and Public)
- Proficient with Automation and Orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, vRealize, Cisco Cloud Center, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, GitHub, ServiceNow and Jenkins
- Understanding of various programming languages (Python/Perl/Java/MySQL/PgSQL) and scripting related to automation, orchestration, Infrastructure as a Service, etc.
- Familiar with agile development and continuous integration
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication, analytic and problem solving skills
- Sound business acumen and executive presence.
- Proven track record of working with subject matter experts, consultants, professional services, IT, operations, and others over the technology lifecycle to maximize ROI / TCO.
- Strong ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Experience mediating and negotiating with individuals and groups internally and externally by keeping colleagues updated on activities and forecasting
- Proven collaborative approach; openly sharing information and receptive to the ideas of others.
- Exceptional leadership and team building skills with the ability to direct, motivate and empower teams through a persuasive and credible thought process and presentation skills.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters' degree in Business or Computer Science/Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive engineering management experience in a highly complex, sophisticated environment
- 3-5+ years in an enterprise-scale CIO, CTO or EA role
- Experience leading the development of enterprise architectures, cloud environments and application frameworks
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically (and potentially globally) dispersed teams
- Record of building high trust relationships that create a network of partners across a diversified organization.
- Proven team building and relationship management skills
- This role may require on-location work with WWT customers. Some customers may require WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.