About the Role
We are looking for dynamic program engineering technical leaders who can develop and drive complex maritime solutions programs, advanced product design with our naval customers and proposal execution. The key role requires a unique combination of engineering and business development skills to lead engineering teams throughout the L3Harris product development process from concept to full integration.
We are currently seeking Chief Systems Engineers for 4 key maritime programs across the country, each with their own unique complexions. From undersea warfare to fleet communications, to autonomous systems, advanced sensing and surface warfare targeting and tracking.
About Your Background
You have led multiple large-scale highly complex and sensitive Naval defense programs, with a rich understanding of the systems engineering development process and own the ability to execute across several product lifecycle spectrums. You are a skilled liaison with government customers who can leverage deep relationships, resulting in the removal of barriers to enable the voice of the customer to always be at the forefront, thus ensuring textbook proposal execution.
You have successfully gained both, the engineering capability and business acumen to enable you to guide the entire systems development and design synthesis of complex electronic systems in the defense industry.
- Provides technical leadership in concurrent engineering of advanced product design.
- Leads engineering teams in L3Harris product development process from concept to system integration final acceptance tests.
- Strong customer service focus and experience working with government customers.
- In touch with relevant industry trends and new technologies.
- Deep understanding of the systems engineering development process and experience executing across the product lifecycle.
- Chair and conduct Design Reviews, Failure Review Board and Root Cause and Corrective Action team on complex systems.
- Guides and directs system development and design synthesis of complex electronic systems.
- Guides and directs front-end systems engineering development to include analysis, modeling and. simulation, system level performance prediction including system reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Leads design activities to include system synthesis and conceptualization in a design-to-cost environment
- Leads system performance analysis and prediction in various operational environments.
- Leads system requirements definition, flow down and traceability.
- Supports business development activities to include proposals, RFI responses, basis of estimates, ROMs, and white papers.
- Leads implementation and management of business area technical risks.
- Leads implementation and management of business area and program measures of effectiveness/performance, to include technical performance metrics.
- Oversight of system test including planning, laboratory and field testing.
- Oversee development and sets targets to improve the Systems Engineering Design and verification practices, processes, configuration, standards and metrics.
Specific Skills/Abilities Desired
- Strong leader with customer focus
- Expert in Proposal execution
- High degree of familiarity with Open System Architectures
- People and leadership skills that are beyond reproach, with notable success in leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- An appreciation for Earned Value Management
- Understanding of Design-to-Cost development
- A superior work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Well defined communication and effective influencing skills.
- Generation/presentation of persuasive technical narratives.
- Program/Project Management expertise.
- DOORS/Matlab & MBSE Tools
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5 year update
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
- Prior, but recent and relevant Naval program experience
- At least 10-15 years’ relevant experience in both execution of and overall concepts and best practices pertaining system requirements development, analysis, design, integration, verification and test
- Experience leading technology development programs
- Experience in systems architecture development
- BSEE or equivalent required
- Master’s degree in disciplines such as Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering highly desired