About the Role
The ideal candidate will have experience designing models in Excel, developing a pricing strategy, performing financial analysis of costs and pricing, and performing a competitive analysis of pricing and offerings. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to see the big picture with the desire to maximize the growth and profitability or Motivate’s current and new business efforts.
The person in this role must be a subject matter expert on pricing global professional and operations services and will be a trusted member of our Executive team reporting directly to the CEO. This role will be responsible for all client-facing rate negotiations as well as preparing all RFQ and RFPs.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
We’re offering an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.
· Development of pricing models and ensuring they are accurate representations of profitability
· Own all Client rate negotiations for both regular and ad hoc business.
· Own pricing initiatives from strategy to execution with a focus on improving pricing operations and management
· Assist in creating growth strategies by monitoring and reviewing customer/market insights, competitive analysis, and business model innovation for potential future business
· Partner with VP of Operations and CFO to perform pricing and costing analysis for new and existing services to achieve desired margins
· Ensure ongoing coordination (governance, documentation, communications, and application of best practices) among finance, operations, business development, and legal regarding pricing, tax considerations, contract language, etc.
· Develop a deep understanding of Motivate’s operations and cost drivers; incorporate this knowledge into pricing practices to improve margins
· Assist in effectively scoping client projects and provide pricing representative of components of work breakdown structure (i.e. Pricing Calculators)
· 10 years or more of progressive experience working in Business Development, Expansion Strategy, Business Acquisition, or like field that requires a complex understanding of business planning, pricing modeling, negations of rate structures as well as due diligence into an existing business’ financial viability
· Must be able to develop credibility and influence both internal and client leaders
· Excellent presenter & communicator, willing to challenge other viewpoints constructively
· Highly analytical thinker and proactive problem solver, able to operate at both strategic and tactical levels as required; and develop these qualities in their direct reports
· The ability to develop, analyze, negotiate and defend Motivate’s pricing and rate positions effectively with all levels of client to come to a resolution that satisfies the customers while enabling Motivate to share in the value we create
· Willing to work outside normal business hours at times depending upon the workload and global needs
· Strong project management skills including the ability to work independently as well as lead cross-functional teams
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to lead multiple priorities simultaneously
· Excellent computer skills, expert-level Microsoft Excel, and experience working with Netsuite and Tableau
Home-based will be considered for exemplary candidate
The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate's mission. Motivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact [the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager].
Valid through: 11/12/2020