Industry: Food & Beverages•
11 - 15 years
Posted 3 days ago
The Chief Strategy Officer will be responsible for the development and leadership of vital strategic initiatives for an innovative and growth oriented start-up business focused on consumer convenience and value, new standards of social engagement, cutting-edge operational processes and efficiencies, and financial growth and profitability. The scope of this leadership position will represent a high profile, branded operation with significant scalability potential and significant domestic and international expansion opportunities.
The Chief Innovation and Strategy Officer reports directly to the CEO and serves as a key member of the senior leadership team for the organization. In partnership with the CEO, the COO, and the company Officers, the CSO will be responsible for developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives. This highly experienced and versatile senior executive may also manage high-level functions and projects essential to the long-term success and growth of the company. Due to the profile and stature of this position, position responsibilities may include a seat on the Board.
This executive will have a major voice in defining business and financial strategies that will position this complex concept for growth and success, and a superior return on investment. The CSO will be both strategy developer and strategy implementer, and take on diverse roles including internal consultant, pathfinder, and the facilitator of strategy collaboration and communication.
A critical responsibility of this position will be the principal lead for corporate fundraising and strategic investments. The officer will have responsibility for sourcing, negotiating, and securing investors and investments to fund the company's growth. The CSO will be the primary advisor and partner to the CEO on investor recommendations, relations, and communications, and presentation strategies and negotiations. The CSO will work closely with the CEO on expansion and diversification investment and acquisition opportunities.
• Work in collaboration with the CEO, the COO, and other senior executives to execute the company's strategic plan, setting outcome based metrics for each initiative, leading his/her team in creating and establishing systems to drive the company vision and to track progress towards the achievement of those goals.
• The CSO, in partnership with the CEO, will hold strategic leadership and management for raising significant investor capital to provide funds for company operations, capital asset investments, and company expansion. Through his/her significant network of investors, investment sources, and key senior executives and business founders, will identify and help secure investment funding, and will take leadership and responsibility for productive investor relationships.
• Will serve as a thought partner to the CEO to plan, launch, and incubate innovative concepts and strategies focused on accelerating business development, growth and expansion, return on investment, and operational efficiencies.
• Will monitor organizational performance against strategic plans and goals, and provide evaluations and recommendations to the executive team and the Board as required. Perform other duties, as assigned, by the CEO and/or COO.
• Serve as the primary strategy and project coordinator for the company promoting cross-functional participation, support, and communication.
• Responsible, when required, for brokering and negotiating agreements with important business partners, vendors, suppliers, contractors, consultants, and stakeholders ensuring the best possible outcomes for the company.
• In partnership with the company's executive team, will prioritize, recommend, and develop innovative strategies focused on external revenue opportunities that may have synergy with, and can leverage, current business operations.
• Executive leadership that includes a multitude of senior leadership positions and executive experiences in a variety of companies, representing a range of industries. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment or start-up company that fostered a growth-oriented culture will be invaluable to the success of this position.
• Has proven responsibility and experience leading initiatives focused on investor fundraising strategies. Has the ability to source and solicit investors. Can build strong working relationships with angel investors, ultra-high-net worth investors, venture capital groups, private equity groups, corporate venture groups, and family offices as the senior strategic funding executive for the company. Has knowledge and possible experience with alternative funding options including crowdfunding, Regulation D- Rule 506c and A+ public offerings, EB5 programs, and cryptocurrency offerings.
• Executive level experience developing and leading complex projects and initiatives. Possesses the ability to build consensus and cooperation between all stakeholders in strategic projects and initiatives. Has the ability to operate well in a shared decision making culture.
• An ability to think strategically, anticipate and incorporate future trends into plans, build innovation strategies and models, and hire and develop a top-notch team.
• Significant experience developing outside business relationships. Proven experience negotiating favorable contracts and agreements with "C" level executives. Skilled in the construction, negotiation, and presentation of important business proposals.
• A demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a company through periods of formation, organization, opportunity, and rapid growth. A strong understanding of how to best use all company resources to achieve the best possible impact, growth, and profitability including strategic investments.
• Demonstrates the fortitude and confidence to take risks. The officer is a decision maker and demonstrates sound business judgment. Has broad experience with a full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, and human resources.
• A minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience at the senior executive level (Officer, Managing Director, and/or Vice President) for a well-recognized, accomplished, and service-oriented B2B or B2C companies is required. Significant exposure and influence with Finance, Operations, Marketing, Technology, Legal, Real Estate, and Business Development is required
• A minimum of 10 years of executive experience managing the business design, planning and implementation of innovative concepts, strategy development and leadership, and project management for a large volume, progressive, and highly scalable company.
• Verifiable experience and success with investor funding strategies, the raising of capital, investor relations and communication, and capitalization strategies is required. A significant, established, and active network of investor and investment contacts is key to the position's success.
• Experience with entrepreneurial or start-up environments highly preferred. Experience leading the launch and growth of a progressive and innovative new business concept strategy is vital to the position's success.
• A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or Finance from an accredited institution required. A MBA or Law degree from a highly recognized university program is highly desired.
• Six Sigma training and certification is highly desired. Other professional or executive trainings and certifications are highly valued.
• A high level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
All submissions must include a current resume with an active email address and telephone number for consideration. Only U.S. based candidates should apply. An Equal Opportunity Employer.