Chief Strategy Officer
11 - 15 years experience •
The Chief Strategy Officer is responsible for the development and leadership of vital company initiatives for an innovative and growth oriented start-up business focused on consumer convenience and value, new standards of social engagement, cutting-edge operational processes and efficiencies, and financial growth and profitability. The scope of this leadership position will represent a high profile, branded operation with significant scalability potential and potential domestic and international expansion opportunities.
This innovative new business concept will focus on bridging a service-focused industry and the consumer in a revolutionary way while taking full advantage of a true industry opportunity. The core of this concept is an innovative logistics and technology driven operation. The company will operate in industry segments ranging from consumer services and products to real estate development, and from eCommerce to supply chain operations.
The Chief Strategy Officer reports directly to the CEO and serves as a key member of the senior leadership team for the organization. In partnership with the CEO, the COO, and the company Officers, the CSO will be responsible for developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives. This highly experienced and versatile senior executive may also manage high-level functions and projects essential to the long-term success and growth of the company. The CSO will serve as a critical advisor to the CEO and the executive management team.
The CSO will foster the entrepreneurial mindset and spirit that will drive the Company's vision and goals. This executive will have a major voice in defining business and financial strategies that will position this complex concept for growth and success, and a superior return on investment. The CSO will be both strategy developer and strategy implementer, and take on diverse roles including internal consultant, strategic specialist, and the facilitator of strategy collaboration and communication.
A critical responsibility of this position will be the principal lead for corporate fundraising and strategic investments. The officer will have responsibility for sourcing, negotiating, and securing investors and investments to fund the company's growth. The CSO will be the primary advisor and partner to the CEO on investor recommendations, relations, and communications, and presentation strategies and negotiations. The CSO will work closely with the CEO on expansion and diversification investment opportunities.
Expected areas of responsibility will include communicating and implementing the Company's strategy internally and externally, managing strategic priorities and translating them into strategic plans, monitoring the execution and progress of strategic plans, ensuring cohesion and collaboration on key strategic initiatives, and lead/support negotiations necessary to further key strategic initiatives and goals. The CSO will also lead or support strategies focused on high potential externalization goals including vital business and institutional partnerships.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the CEO, the COO, and other senior executives to execute the company's strategic plan, setting outcome based metrics for each initiative, leading his/her team in creating and establishing systems to drive the company vision and to track progress towards the achievement of those goals.
- The CSO, in partnership with the CEO, will hold strategic leadership and management for raising significant investor capital to provide funds for company operations, capital asset investments, and company expansion. Through his/her significant network of investors, investment sources, and key senior executives and business founders, will identify and help secure investment funding, and will take leadership and responsibility for investor communications, reporting, and amicable and productive relationships.
- Will serve as a thought partner to the CEO to plan, launch, and incubate company strategies focused on accelerating business development and business growth and expansion, return on investment, efficiencies, and forecasting data to drive strategy and decisions towards enhanced revenue and profits.
- Will monitor organizational performance against strategic plans and goals, and provide evaluations and recommendations as required. Perform other duties, as assigned, by the CEO and/or COO.
- Serve as a key member of the company's executive team. Interacts with other senior management to provide consultative support and planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations. Will be the facilitator of solutions and the expeditor of communications across company divisions.
- Serve as the primary strategy and project coordinator for the company promoting cross-functional participation, support, and communication. Responsible for monitoring the execution of coordinated company strategies and projects, and the design and implementation of dashboards to track project status and provide updates to the team and key stakeholders.
- Responsible, when required, for brokering and negotiating agreements with important business associations including tenant partners, vendors, suppliers, contractors, consultants, and business entities providing revenue, shared interest, investment, and acquisition opportunities for the company.
- Responsible for developing and writing proposals; providing research on emerging opportunities; evaluating proposals, white papers, business opportunities, and budget plans leading to strategic recommendations.
- In partnership with the company's executive team will prioritize, recommend, and develop strategies focused on external revenue opportunities that may have synergy with, and can leverage, current business operations.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of special projects, as assigned by the CEO and/or COO, focused on the advancement of strategic goals and the ability to manage and resolve vital business opportunities and challenges.
Skills / Abilities:
- Executive leadership that includes a multitude of senior leadership experiences and having worn many hats at a variety of companies representing a range of industries. Experience in an entrepreneurial or start-up company that fostered a growth-oriented environment will be invaluable to the success of this position.
- Has proven responsibility and experience leading initiatives focused on investor fundraising strategies. Has the ability to source and solicit investors. Can build strong working relationships with angel investors, ultra-high-net worth investors, venture capital groups, private equity groups, corporate venture groups, and family offices as the senior strategic funding executive for the company. Has knowledge and possible experience with alternative funding options including crowdfunding, Regulation D- Rule 506c and A+ public offerings, EB5 programs, and cryptocurrency offerings.
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder and team player. Has the ability to connect to staff and board them as both individuals and in groups. Has the capacity to develop and empower leaders from the bottom up, cultivate entrepreneurship and innovation, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of a team to put people in a position to succeed.
- A proven track record of bottom-line orientation and setting and exceeding challenging goals; evidence of consistent good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; ability to balance program delivery against budget realities; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Significant experience developing outside business relationships. Proven experience negotiating favorable contract terms and beneficial agreements with "C" level executives and business owners from a variety of industry sectors. Skilled in the construction, negotiation, and presentation of important business proposals and offerings to local government and governmental agencies.
- An ability to think strategically, anticipate and incorporate future trends into plans, build organizational models, hire and develop a top-notch team with the processes to ensure smoothly operations.
- Executive level experience leading and managing complex projects and initiatives. Possesses the ability to build consensus and cooperation between all stakeholders invested in strategic projects and initiatives.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of finance, operations, marketing, business development, and technology. Has broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, and human resources.
- A demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a company through periods of formation, organization, opportunity and rapid growth. A strong understanding of how to best use all company resources to achieve the best possible impact, growth, and profitability including strategic investments.
- Demonstrates fortitude and the confidence to take risks. The officer is a decision maker and demonstrates sound business judgment. Has the ability to operate well in a shared decision making culture.
- Possesses unquestionable professional integrity and a candid, honest style, which evokes credibility and inspires confidence.
- Executive Command Skills and Managerial Courage
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Agility and Experience
- Innovation Management and Creativity
- Exceptional Networking Ability and Business Development Skills
- Negotiation Proficiency and Experience, and the Skill to Close Transactions
- Complex Process Management
- Business Acumen and Profit Orientation
- Action Oriented
- Perseverance and a Drive for Results
- Organizational Agility
- Builds Motivated and Effective Teams
- Excellent Presentation and Written Communication Skills
- Superior Customer Focus
- Uncompromising Ethics, Values, and Integrity
- An advocate for the highest levels of Trust and Respect
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A minimum of 10-15years of progressive experience at the senior executive level (Vice President, Officer) for a well-recognized, accomplished, and service-oriented B2B or B2C company is required. Significant exposure and influence with Finance, Operations, Technology, Legal, Real Estate and Construction, and Business Development is highly desired. Multiple concept and multiple locationexperiencerequired.
- A minimum of 10 years of executive experience managing the business design, planning, and implementation of strategic plans and projects for a large volume and progressive company with national or international visibility is required. Experience overseeing the administration and coordination of complex initiatives including evaluation and analysis is required.
- Verifiable experience and success with investor funding strategies, the raising of capital, investor relations and communication, and capitalization strategies is required. A significant, established, and active network of investor and investment contacts is key to the position's success.
- A minimum of 10 years of executive experience presenting and influencing the "C" suite environment, with a history of significant closure and contracting results is required. The ability to build and maintain high-profile business and executive relationships is also required.
- Experience with entrepreneurial or start-up environments highly desired. Experience leading the launch and growth of a progressive and innovative new business concept with industry enhancing and concept disruptive potential is highly preferred. Experience leading and supporting a highly scalable business with national and international potential is highly desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, management, or business from an accredited institution required. A MBA or Law degree from a highly recognized university program is desired.
- PMI or PMP project management certification is highly preferred.
- Six Sigma training and certification is highly desired. Other professional or executive trainings and certifications are highly valued.
- A high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
All submissions must include a current resume with an active email address and telephone number to be considered. Only U.S. based candidates should apply. An Equal Opportunity Employer.