Chief Solution Architect: Big Data (Healthcare IT)
Our client is a progressive and fast-growing healthcaretechnology company seeking a Chief Big Data Solution Architect skilled in Hadoop and contemporaryBig Data Frameworks. Please note that his position requires frequent travel (approx 40-50%) to mostly East Coast locations.
This is a highly technical role appropriate for someone with a software development/computer science background who has developed a specialty in Big Data in recent years.
Due to the seniority and "thought leadership" aspect of the position, it may be a fit for someone who is at Manager, Director or VP levels. The position has no direct reports but also has a strategic nature and will be a valued part of the executive leadership team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Lead the solution architecture process for healthcare clients seeking Big Data solutions to technical challenges.
Qualifications and Skills
- ~5 - 8+ years professional IT experience with emphasis in Java, Scala, Python or C++ design and development
- 2 - 3+ years?experience with cloud architectures and large data processing / Hadoop environments; ability to set up and manage multi-node Hadoop clusters on the cloud
- Expertise with Apache Spark and associated Spark components (Streaming, SQL, ML, GraphX)
- Ability to integrate and orchestrate HadoopBig Data ecosystem / Open Source technologies
- Familiarity with DW/ETL/BI solutions and implementations
- Familiarity with system administration and scripting tools such as bash, Python and/or Perl
- Familiarity with system administration of Hadoop ecosystem components including installation, upgrades, and security
- Understanding of various data storage concepts (in-memory, NoSQL, columnar, etc.)
- Specialized skills in either data visualization or analytics
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills including both written and verbal skills; experience speaking at conferences, meetups, or other technical events
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in an industry domain area (finance, healthcare, government, etc.)
- Ability to relocate or supporttravel40%+
Additional Experience/Skills (nice to have):
- Expertise in Healthcare IT, associated healthcare standards (example: FHIR), and the processing of healthcare data at scale such as EHR, claims, imaging and genomics
- Experience with event processing / real-time streaming concepts and technologies - Kafka,
Kinesis, or other similar CEP / data ingest / messaging solutions
- Contributed to / committed to an Open Source software project, participated in an OS user/dev group, and/or created technical blogs
- Industry speaker and author
Salary, bonus, benefits and equity potential