Harris Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer to be the Chief Software Engineer (CSWE) for a major communications switching program. The CSWE will work directly with the program Chief Software Architect (CSWA) to lead a large software team. The CSWE will be the process lead for all software activities within the program, responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of all software processes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Direct program software build baselines
- Plan program software builds and upgrades
- Coordinate program software development support
- Enforcing the software process and software development on IR&D
- Assisting with planning of software development effort
- Engage in training, code, and process reviews
- Produce software productivity metrics (defects, etc.)
- Engaging in conveyance perspective
- Lead program defect process and prioritization
- Report metrics to the enterprise-level leadership
- Lead all program software related issues and actions
- Assess riskassociated with software
- Work closely with the software Configuration Management team
- Work with other teams for scheduling and technical conflicts
- Collaborate with CSWA to coordinate software development
- Track issues identified in labs and prioritize working of defects
- Collaborate with CSWA to manage software resources
- Responsible for software Process Directives
- Lead the program configuration control boards
- Resolve issues identified by CM and QA
- Ensure design reviews are planned, executed, and action items closed
- Plan activities with other teams
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field,) or equivalent, and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience.
- Minimum 10 years with C++ and/or C# programming languages.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing complex systems utilizing COTS.
- Minimum 2 years with network systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must be a team player able to work in a large program environment, have good communication skills, and be a self-starter
- Experience with Rally, JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience with Voice Switching systems
- Previous Software Leadership (such as CSWE, Software Lead) experience.