Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? Well, look no further! We are hiring for a Chief Software Architect for our Rochester, NY location. The Chief Software Architect will report to the VP of Technology and Software Development and will be responsible for leading the effort to define scalable, enterprise technology platforms that support dynamic business expansion in the imaging space. In this role you will be responsible for working with senior software development personnel to define the architecture to support our platform vision and the roadmap to achieve it. The incumbent will be responsible for applying broad technology background and deep technical experience to identify the appropriate technologies and tools to achieve our platform vision. Sound great? It gets better, you will also collaborate with our Business team and Customers to understand business goals and opportunities, and will lead the definition and delivery of software solutions that can meet these goals with world class scalability and availability, while enabling us the flexibility to innovate at top speed.
As the Chief Software Architect you will also lead our senior software personnel. In doing so, the Chief Software Architect will establish processes to ensure effective software architecture and design practices are applied across all Software projects. You'll have the opportunity to help mold the organization and establish new methods of work.
Some of the responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Develop and lead software platform and solutions architecture and design activities in support of business goals. Lead our software development team in performing the following activities:
- Be accountable for aligning our software platform roadmap with the business’ strategic vision.
- Lead technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise design platform direction.
- Lead the definition of technology platforms and technical vision in support of business expansion goals.
- Communicate and evangelize the technical vision with development teams.
- Be a culture change agent who has lived with and seeks out the most modern practices and applies them across the development organization.
- Help establish an Entrepreneurial spirit and acumen across the development and business teams, assisting with the identification of new processes and new models of collaborative work to increase our speed of learning and execution.
- Review, analyze, and develop architectural requirements for business-wide projects.
- Analyze and improve our software quality, including scalability, stability, and security.
- Promote a tolerance for long-term risk that equates with significant returns on the investment.
- Establish teams/processes to research and prototype new concepts utilizing emerging technologies to bring innovation and excitement to our teams and our business.
- Periodically review code and lead systematic enhancements.
- Establish effective reporting mechanisms to provide the team and our senior leadership with meaningful data in support of reasoned business decision making.
- Identify and set clear goals for the Architecture team and create plans to achieve the goals.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts within and outside of the company to help advance our needs and opportunities.
Within 6-9 Months:
- Gain a solid understanding of the Imaging Division’s business, our customers, products, and current solutions.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with the Imaging Division’s Senior leaders and key Business stakeholders.
- Work with the SSD leadership to understand current technology platform vision as well as our team’s current workload and on-going delivery needs.
- Formulate a strategy for expanding and formalizing technology platform vision and the architecture to support it.
- Establish a short-term roadmap for advancing technology platform within context of existing work & deliverables.
- Establish clear and decisive leadership for our technology platform and vision across the existing software architects and development managers.
- Establish baseline software architecture and design practices across all SSD teams.
Within 9-18 Months:
- Establish a clear vision for our technology platform, the software architecture needed to support it, and a roadmap to build it. This will be on-going and will continue to adapt to support evolving business opportunities.
- Establish well defined software architecture and design best practices across all SSD teams.
- Work with SSD management and the business teams to support the execution of the product roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Masters degree, including MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ relevant software development experience and 5+ years in a software architect capacity.
- Architecting, designing and developing scalable, multi-channel, multi-tenant enterprise solutions.
- Designing and implementing imaging-based applications.
- Implementing and/or integrating Content Management and Payment systems within an Enterprise platform strongly desired.
- Analytics and business intelligence solutions strongly desired.
- Micro-service architecture and continuous delivery strongly desired.
- Working with Business teams and Customers to provide Technical guidance and solutions development.
- Working with Business teams to align technical delivery with business needs.
- Working within an Agile software development process and teams.
- Collaborating with User Experience teams to design solutions that increase customer value.
- Applying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to practical applications preferred.
- 3-5 years’ direct supervisory experience.
- In depth knowledge of Enterprise software architecture and design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of various database technologies including Relational DB, real-time DB and NOSQL DB.
- Direct and relevant experience with implementing and/or integrating Payment processing and Content Management Systems.
- Experience working with frameworks for responsive design across mobile and web applications preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies including Machin Learning, Augmented Reality, and Virtual reality preferred.
- Strong business skills to complement the requisite technical skills is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding demonstration and presentation skills.