STS is currently seeking an experienced Chief Scientist. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Provide support for remediation activities
- Support the Technical Lead with permitting and data validation, as needed
- Groundwater model evaluation and data analysis/visualization
- Supports determination of need for additional wells, location, depth, design
- Supports determination of further data requirements, new wells, corrective actions
- Supports development of reports
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Supports all remediation activities.
- Supports the Technical Lead with full permitting, data validation, and report preparation as needed.
- Provides groundwater model evaluation, analysis and data analysis and validation.
- Supports determination of further data requirements and corrective actions.
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of principles, concepts and techniques in the field of general science.
- Skill and ability to perform complex and critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements.
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures and have a major impact on organizational success.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels including but not limited to language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented project environment.
- Familiarity with the LANL site and work environment preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related technical discipline, or equivalent, Master’s or Ph. D. preferred; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate has been chosen.
Job ID 2018-2069