We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Satellite Systems Engineer working on satellite systems to join our team located in Centennial, CO.
With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution to advanced technical engineering problem(s). Functions in a project leadership role providing direction to experienced professional staff. Formulates plans, typically long term, for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment, as well as meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards. Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates completed. Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle, represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations, and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the technical team in the satellite subsystem overall development and integration planning, and organization.
- Lead the satellite system and subsystem test configuration and procedure development, review and execution.
- Lead the technical team in solving hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Liaise with all levels of program and engineering staff on design, integration and test matters and support other teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Formulate and maintain plans as execution occurs.
- Implement and support quality management in the execution of a program.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine and set technical objectives to analyze, investigate and resolve advanced engineering problems; including future applications, and engineering developments.
- Perform mission and system design on missions from bid generation through launch and operations.
- Prepare and lead the review of technical response to bids, presentation materials and reports.
- Liaise with customer and supplier staff, government representatives and other professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Full understanding of clean room facilities, compliance and safe working practices.
- Detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with all aspects of the satellite system life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in organization, planning and technical leadership, including risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- US citizenship is required.