The CRO will report directly to the Bank's CEO and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Bank's Risk and Compliance program. Successful candidates must have previous experience in a CRO role within a public Commercial Bank holding more than $2.5B in assets.
- Lead the ERM and Compliance function in the delivery of a holistic risk management framework.
- Continue to build the ERM and Compliance strategy and facilitate its implementation.
- Work with the Bank's Board Audit Committee and the Executive Management Team to inform all parties of risks faced by the Bank and formulate actions plans as needed.
- Responsible (directly or through team) for all relationships with the Bank's key stakeholders such as regulators, auditors and other key members.
- Develops the ERM/Compliance team through coaching and mentoring – creates growth opportunities for team members.
- Responsible for risk management issues regarding changes in US bank regulatory expectations and framework.
- Acts as the Bank's Information Security Officer, BSA Officer and Privacy Officer.
Minimum Education, Experience, Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Prior experience as a CRO for a public Commercial Bank holding assets in excess of $2.5B
- Risk management certifications are a plus
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- SOX/COSO & FDICIA requirements
- Experience implementing internal controls
- Mortgage compliance
- Incident response management and disaster recovery
- Information security & current cyber risk management
- Audit practices
- Fiserv core banking processing system (or other bank systems software)
- Microsoft office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Ability to travel with in a defined market area.