Foreign Affairs is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader to oversee the magazine’s business strategy and operations. The Chief Revenue Officer will report to the Editor and be responsible for driving revenue and circulation growth across both print and digital products.
Foreign Affairs is a multiplatform media operation that includes a print edition, a website, a mobile application, and events. Foreign Affairs has a total paid circulation of more than 200,000 and nearly one million monthly visitors to the website.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage the strategies for accelerating revenue and circulation growth for all print and digital products
- Oversee the product development cycle for marketing, advertising, events, and web product initiatives, from conception through launch and post-launch assessment
- Develop and implement a brand marketing strategy
- Provide strategic decision-making that draws on digital analytics, industry best practices, and consumer research
- Supervise and develop the business team
- Work collaboratively with the editorial and digital teams to meet audience development growth goals, including developing new content formats, distributionchannels, and platforms
- Represent Foreign Affairs to external stakeholders, as well as to internal management throughout the Council on Foreign Relations
- 8+ years of significant related strategic marketing and business development experience, preferably with a major media company
- Leadership experience in developing proven strategies for revenue growth, including evaluating market entry approaches and new partnership opportunities
- Superior operational and project management skills, as well as supervisory experience in a collaborative and cross functional setting
- Digitally savvy; fluent with social media platforms, data analytics, and content management systems
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated budget management experience
- Degree in a related field; advanced degreepreferred
- Interest in and basic understanding of current foreign policy issues
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.