About Blackhawk Network:
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners’ business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawk
Are you passionate about your work? Can you build solutions that scale vertically as well as horizontally? Do you find solving complex problems an exciting challenge? Are you looking to take the next leap in your career? If you answered ‘Yes’, please read on…your career is at Blackhawk Network and we want to talk to you!
We are seeking an experienced, well-rounded Chief Privacy Oﬀicer, to manage the Blackhawk Network Global Data Privacy Program. Blackhawk Network’s data privacy program includes all aspects of customer and employee data protection, including cross-border data transfers between the US and international locations, such as the European Union and Asia Pacific. The Chief Privacy Officer will report to the General Counsel.
This is a virtual role in the US.
- Serve as Chief Privacy Officer leading the company’s global program and acting as an expert in data privacy matters.
- In coordination with Information Technology and business management and with support from the Legal department, maintain and update the company’s data privacy policies and procedures as relevant to the company’s various financial services and platforms.
- In cooperation with the Information Security, Legal and other departments, ensure compliance with data privacy and protection policies and applicable law by employees, extended workforce and vendors.
- Working with groups across the company to implement privacy by design and privacy compliance for business activities. Perform periodic data privacy impact assessments and conduct related ongoing compliance monitoring activities.
- Work with Legal and other key departments to regarding appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents, data privacy agreements, authorization forms and information notices and materials.
- Initiate and promote activities to foster data privacy awareness throughout the company, and oversee ongoing data privacy training and orientation.
- Administer a process for documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on requests and complaints concerning the company’s privacy policies and procedures. Review system-related information for consumer opt-out/opt-in choice regimes throughout the company’s global network.
- Advise marketing regarding cookies management for ecommerce sites
- Monitor advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Work with the Legal department to represent the company’s data privacy interests with external parties (federal, state or local government bodies) that undertake to adopt or amend data privacy legislation, regulation or standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable U.S. federal, state, and international privacy laws.
- Knowledge and experience in data privacy laws, including collection, consents, access, release of information and data breach notification requirements.
- Strong understanding of and interest in technology.
- Eﬀective experience managing, designing and executing compliance policies, programs, and procedures for a global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to drive objectives forward while reacting appropriately to changing business requirements and external environments.
- Ability to work eﬀectively with executive management and to influence others without direct management authority.
- Ability to work without supervision on a wide variety of tasks in a proactive manner in a fast-paced development environment.
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills; strong detail orientation; strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a productive team member within multi-jurisdictional groups of attorneys, auditors, IT, product managers, and business partners.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (US, EU, and/or IT) (CIPP) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- Law degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related experience; minimum 3 years professional experience in support of complex regulatory and compliance issues.
- Proven experience leading a global privacy program, with corresponding knowledge of global privacy laws and practices.
- Experience with applying legal principles to new and evolving technologies, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge in and the ability to apply the Seven Foundational Principles of Privacy by Design to regulatory requirements and new products and services.