The Chief Plant Engineer is responsible for internal engineering and contracted major project work for all engineering disciplines. Candidate must possess good engineering, project management, and supervisory skills to effectively manage project budgets, forecasts, and schedules. The Chief Plant Engineer works with a variety of crafts, disciplines and departments to successfully complete projects. Creates, modifies, and approves digital drawings and manages engineering software. Manages, protects, and maintains proprietary technical information. Serves as the technical expert and advisor for internal and external solutions. Manages multiple projects and works to completion. Solutions meet applicable codes and standards while keeping employee safety at the forefront.
- Lead engineering staff in developing designs and plans and the execution of approved projects.
- Develop contract specifications and scope of work, manage the bid/evaluation, selection and procurement processes.
- Lead multiple projects including research, equipment specification & selection, installation, commissioning and evaluation of work progress and performance results.
- Provide technical solutions to support and enhance plant operations and maintenance functions.
- Ensure the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
- Mentor and train entry-level engineers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus building.
- Project Management skills with varying scope, size, and disciplines
- Must have excellent computer skills with MS Office and Project. Experience using Visio is preferred.
- Must be able to manage time effectively, set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalent).
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience required.
- PE (Professional Engineer) registration is preferred.