Under the direction of the Director, Department of Physician Assistant Services, the Chief Physician Assistant will provide leadership and direction to the 50+ physician assistants on the medicine service.
Responsible for ensuring all standard policies and procedures are followed and credentialing guideless are met. Will promote a positive, nurturing and stimulating work environment for all staff. Responsible for all performance related reviews and metrics.
The Chief PA will also create and maintain the schedule, including managing overtime.
Otherresponsibilities include the recruitment and hiring of staff, training of new and existing employees, and special projects as assigned.
- Prior experience managing 20+ physician assistants
- 7+ years of experience as an in-patient physician assistant
- Prior experience developing staff
- Inpatient medicine experience
- At least three years of prior physician assistant experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Current NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification