We are looking for a Head of HR/Chief People Officer to join our dynamic organization. This is a rare opportunity to put your unique finger print on a high potential start-up that will profoundly impact millions of individual's interactions with a core capability of the healthcare system. Laboratory tests play a role in 70% of all medical decisions made. The creativity you bring to this role will likely impact your future experiences with the healthcare system as well as the experiences of your friends, family and the broader community.
Our Chief People Officer is a strategic business partner to the organization and responsible for developing a progressive Human Resources department. As the CPO this role will build foundational policies, processes, procedures, systems, and practices within the department and organization. The position focuses on strategy, tactics, and execution as well as operations at all levels of the business. In addition, this role will develop and implement the company’s human resources business plan by establishing accountability, identifying solutions to resolve problems, and fostering a workplace that enables all employees to contribute to the organization at their full potential.
- Build and update the organization's HR function to align with organization's strategic plan.
- Develop programs for compensation, healthcare and other benefits to attract, motivate and reward talent.
- Expand hiring strategies to identify, attract, hire, and retain employees
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions. Work with management to define and develop leadership qualities within the organization; encourage cross-training and personal/professional development.
- Establish a compliance function to implement best practices and ensure compliance with regulatory environment
- Work with senior management to define, communicate and encourage a positive company culture.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans, processes and procedures for all company personnel.
- Participate in company safety program and safety committee.
- Recommend and assist in the organization and set up of company employee events to promote internal company culture.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or another relevant field
- Master's degree or HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated success as a senior human resources leader influencing executive management teams; experience in implementing change management.
- Demonstrated success leading an HR team.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with diverse business teams
- Experience in managing human resources and recruiting initiatives, budgets, and people
- Demonstrated success in establishing short- and long-term goals, budgeting HR expenses, and networking with outside peers and organizations to achieve goals
- Demonstrated ability to resolve HR matters swiftly and efficiently. Experience in coaching, disciplining, and performance management
- Previous experience in a start-up growing organization, preferably biotech, medical device or pharmaceutical developing and maintaining the HR infrastructure in a hands-on one-person HR role.