At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance. Woodard & Curran also aids employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their certifications within the industry.
Woodard & Curran is seeking a full-time Lead Operator for an industrial facility in Portland, ME. The Lead Operator is responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the treatment plant. This includes scheduling, coordinating, and directing the overall operation of the various treatment processes and maintenance activities throughout the facility. The Lead Operator is responsible for fostering a safe work environment for all personnel and visitors. The Lead Operator will regularly prepare reports for the client and the firm. Additionally, the lead operator will manage the budget of the facility and manage the scope and schedule of contractual obligations and serve as the main point of contact between the client and the firm. Supervision will be provided from an Area Manager; however, the Lead Operator must be able to work comfortably in a self-directed environment with minimal daily supervision.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in operation and maintenance of complex wastewater facilities that demonstrate an ability to assume increasing responsibility.
- Must possess a Maine Grade 1 wastewater license– or ability to obtain via reciprocity or test within 1 year.
- High School graduate or equivalent, with technical/vocational school background; College degreepreferred.
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills are desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers and electronic devices and possess the ability to effectively use various software to manage data including maintenance and compliance management programs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and a good driving record and must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)