As the Chief Operations Officer, you are expected to be Motivate’s subject matter expert on process improvement and operational excellence; as well as a seasoned People Leader. You will take ownership of leading, coaching, and developing the Field Management team through the local Senior Leadership to ensure company and client standards, procedures and goals are met, including meeting financial targets. You will maintain an outstanding relationship with the client’s operational management at all levels from the field level through senior management. You will be expected to drive superior levels of service requirements as expected by the company’s customers.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
We’re offering an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.
(include, but are not limited to)
· Manage multiple market operations with an emphasis on service and financial objectives
· P&L Responsibility for the Field Operations team to include creation and management of a field operating plan and budget
· Grow and foster a strong client relationship
· Drive toward standardization in our operating model to increase our operational efficiency through the elimination of waste and reduction of variation across our various markets
· Conduct frequent visits within each market no less than once quarterly
· Develop and lead innovative programs to train, evaluate & coach direct reports in the successful operation of their locations
· Ensure all operations have adequate levels of trained personnel to operate successfully
· Develop and lead innovative programs that audit, measure and drive improvements in location performance
· Ensure new markets and products are rolled out in a manner that creates long term success for both the client and Motivate
· Ensure pro-active follow up with clients to review concerns specific to individual market operations
· Ensure General Managers are conducting effective observations of their processes and leadership team to determine skill levels and identify and lead coaching opportunities
· Create ongoing system KPI review process and monitor weekly report to ensure SLAs and financial objectives are being achieved and deficiencies are identified and addressed
· Ensure the revenue generation and cost management to achieve and exceed expected margins
· Improve revenue stream by identifying opportunities for and providing additional value-added services to the client
· Supervisory responsibilities to the Market General Managers (direct), Operations Project Managers (direct), and Director of New Business (indirect)
· Bachelor’s degree and/or 6 plus years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Prior P&L ownership to include partnering in the development of an annual operating plan, monthly BvA analysis, and weekly revenue recognition with a demonstrated excellence in efficiency and cost management.
· 10 years of progressive, large team people leadership as well as 7+ years of continuous process improvement leadership in an operations, logistics, and/or manufacturing environment
· Up to 50% travel and 24/7 availability depending on the performance of the division
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook with an ability to create Executive Level presentations.
· Knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as TPS, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
· Create, analyze and manage Key Performance Indicators and metrics reporting
· Ability to make independent judgments which has considerable impacts on the organization
· Problem solve, and creativity think of innovative solutions to balance customer satisfaction with cost-effectiveness
· Maintain integrity in all things
· Create and execute detailed plans alongside the CEO and other executive leaders
Home-based will be considered for exemplary candidate
The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate's mission. Motivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact [the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager].
Valid through: 11/12/2020