With Honor is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Chief Operating Officer to guide the organization’s strategic planning, drive execution in an extremely fluid environment, and ensure adherence to the highest standards of legal and financial compliance while operating with significant autonomy.
With Honor is a cross-partisan movement dedicated to promoting and advancing principled veteran leadership in order to reduce polarization. Public confidence in Congress has plummeted over the last forty years, and as debilitating partisanship in Washington is near a record high, veteran representation in Congress is near a historic low. With Honor’s unique cross-partisan collaboration is integral towards creating a government that works for and is trusted by the American people at a time when extreme partisanship is corroding our legislature and its ability to govern.
- Strategy, Finance, and Operations
- Guide the organization’s strategic planning process, especially by crafting financial projections based on contribution assumptions and organizational goals to provide the clarity necessary to assess investment decisions
- Drive action within the organization to achieve organizational milestones by assessing and supporting the progress of all verticals in order to ensure the goals of the organization are achieved in a timely manner
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures within the organization to ensure efficient and effective communication pathways, decision making processes, and record retention
- Manage, deploy, and track an eight-figure budget, to include controlling the organization’s operating expenditures
- Manage the business infrastructure of the organization, to include contract administration
- Manage the process for recruiting, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and retaining personnel and vendors
- Legal and Financial Compliance
- Ensure strict adherence to legal regulations and reporting requirements as the organization’s compliance and legal officer by reviewing all political advertisements or expenditures, internal communications, and external communications, coordinating with donors’ compliance offices and approving donor contributions, and assessing any future plans of the organization
- Relationship Management and Cultivation
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and other members of the executive team
- Represent the organization to key stakeholders and partner organizations
- Other responsibilities as may arise in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Attributes for success in this position:
- Uncompromising integrity
- Deep commitment to With Honor’s mission
- Entrepreneurial approach and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with an ownership mindset
- Excellent strategic thinking and judgment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to synthesize and communicate information in chaotic situations
- Exceptional discretion with sensitive information
- Proven ability to effectively and independently make decisions amidst many competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Get-things-done/make-things-happen attitude
- Adaptable and comfortable working under pressure
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Demonstrated ethical leadership experience
- Veterans and spouses of veterans strongly encouraged to apply
- Full-time employment opportunity
- Compensation is competitive
- Flexible start date
- Location: Remote
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What about With Honor’s mission appeals to you?
- Who or what inspires your approach to leadership?